He's not accepted or denied my Facebook request? Is he not bothered?

Hannahhawks87

Hannahhawks87

Hi,

We met about two years ago. He lives about 80 miles away from me, I never really thought much about it when we first met because I was in a relationship with some else at the time. Anyway, we met again on a social event a few days ago and he remembered every little detail I had said to him two years ago. He remembered what I did for a job, and my ear infection I had last time.

We spend about two hours alone together, and he was talking about his son, his holidays, his cars, his jobs and how he split from his girlfriend a few months ago. He was always complimenting me, saying I am very good at what I do. He never asked me if I had a boyfriend, but he would ask me al sorts of questions about my life.

When my group of friends were leaving, I was the only one he hugged. The rest he shuck their hands. The hug felt slightly stiff. Not really awkward, but almost like he didn't know what to do. He also hung around alittle bit before the hug. I've added him on Facebook, but he hasn't accepted it or denied. Do you think he wasn't Interested after all? I added him on Facebook 5 days ago now.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
paragraphs
Hi,

We met about two years ago. He lives about 80 miles away from me, I never really thought much about it when we first met because I was in a relationship with some else at the time. Anyway, we met again on a social event a few days ago and he remembered every little detail I had said to him two years ago. He remembered what I did for a job, and my ear infection I had last time.

We spend about two hours alone together, and he was talking about his son, his holidays, his cars, his jobs and how he split from his girlfriend a few months ago. He was always complimenting me, saying I am very good at what I do. He never asked me if I had a boyfriend, but he would ask me alsorts of questions about my life.

When my group of friends were leaving, I was the only one he hugged. The rest he shuck their hands. The hug felt slightly stiff. Not really awkward, but almost like he didn't know what to do. He also hung around alittle bit before the hug. I've added him on Facebook, but he hasn't accepted it or denied. Do you think he wasn't Interested after all? I added him on Facebook 5 days ago now.

When last was he on Facebook?

He might not want you on his timeline or know what he's up too or see the people he has photo with.

Listen when it comes to Facebook some men and women your seeing just don't want you on their friends list. Not much you can do about it.

Like he's hiding the fact that's he's with you or soon to be?

Before your friends with someone on Facebook, date them first. Leave a bit of mystery.

That's good point!

• Author
Hannahhawks87

I don't have any other forum of contact with him, unless he's on my Facebook. We met, but I didn't get his phone number or anything. So I presumed Facebook is the next best thing.

I don't have any other forum of contact with him, unless he's on my Facebook. We met, but I didn't get his phone number or anything. So I presumed Facebook is the next best thing.

Yep that correct.. I have a few women as friends only on Facebook plus run a vegan home made food plus group there 1.5K to 2K of women on that group. So yes I can agree with you on that. So many people don't share their cell numbers to strangers. Only way to get in touch with them is through facebook. You should be able to text him a message through facebook messenger.

ExpatInItaly

It's possible that he's just not that avid a user and hasn't even seen your request. I have a FB profile but check it maybe once every few months. Perhaps he's similar.

Although if he left without trying to get your contact information, he might just not be as interested as he appeared.

I would just wait and see.

Most likely he doesn’t check fb often. I just can’t imagine why he would ignore your request given your interactions, even if he has no romantic interest.

I remember there was a guy we met at the Museum of Art.

He was a lawyer, handsome and he was so interested in my sister, so he spent the whole day walking with her and me tagging along because initially it was supposed to be just me and her.

All these 2 hours, he was so nice and friendly, asked her all kind of questions and stuff, we even took a photo together.

In the end, he wanted to add my sister on Facebook, but he couldn't for some technical reason, so he asked my sister to send him a request, so my sister sent him a request.

2 years from today and he still hasn't accepted her friend request no declined it, even though he seemed very interested in her as he spent 2 hours with a stranger he just met on the museum and he asked her to add him on his Facebook!

But you know why he didn't add her?

because he freaking had a girlfriend in Philly but maybe he thought he could have fun in New York without anyone noticing.

Some guys are just like that!

They don't know what they want! They give mix signals!

but when it gets real, they run away!

It seems that he would have asked for your number if he were interested or gave you his. Why should you contact him?

• Like 1

Maybe he just doesn't want to add you because he doesn't want to have his ex go cray cray. message him through messenger but give him his privacy...he just ended a relationship and I'm sure things are still settling down.