Silly problem - post bar texting etiquette

hannahsmith

I've met this guy a few times and I fancied him a bit but never really got the chance to talk.

However, we went out for a drink on Friday and I managed to chat with him alone from the rest of the group that we were in. He seemed keen and we talked quite a lot just us.

Anyway, I have no clue how to progress this into something else. I have been messaging him on Facebook but so far I can only talk about the upcoming camping trip that we are both going on. I don't know how to change the subject. Worse is we have both been added into a group chat about it, so I haven't even got that reason to message him.

Any ideas? I feel like such a loser haha. I don't know him well enough to just keep saying Hi everyday.

I'm seeing him again on Thursday anyway, but it would be nice to start the conversation before then.

If you are "seeing" him in situations that are not a date then it is not very productive.

Screw political correctness. Just tell him you want a date. You have it easy, you don't have to come up with a good time/place/date,...that is his job. All you have to do is tell him you want one. If he freaks out and runs away then you got your answer and you don't want mixed up with him. If he has his act together he will know what to do. Consider telling him you want a date to be a "test" that he has to pass.

Do you even have his actual phone # to text him? If not, just keep up with the FB thing. See how things go on the camping trip. Right now he doesn't seem all that interested or he would have found reasons to initiate with you.

• Like 1

It doesn't sound like he's ever made a move. He knows you're flirting with him because you were contacting him at any opportunity, so I think if he has any interest in anything beyond casual friendship, he will ask you out soon or would have done already.