flake situation

Met a girl on tinder. We really hit it off and set uo a date for Friday night. She texted me a bit during the week asking me questions and trying to get to know me a bit and I responded but kept things light and fun. Texting was normal and there’s nothing I would have said to turn her off in anyway. There wasn’t much of it either.

Wednesday rolls around and she says she has to work early Saturday morning now and thinks it’s best we don’t go out Friday night. She says she’s really sorry, apologizes multiple times and asks if we can reschedule for another day. I say yeah sure no problem, how about Saturday night instead we can keep the same plan. No response. Then find out she has deleted everything off her Instagram (every Single one of her pictures). She has not responded at all to me and I sent another text asking her if she got my last one and if everything is ok—radio silence.

What in the hell? I’ve always thought when a girl offers to reschedule this means interest? Seems like it was not the case this time. Any thoughts On what the hell is going on? I get flaking but not this. Help.

Edited by Grey40
Met a girl on tinder. We really hit it off and set uo a date for Friday night. She texted me a bit during the week asking me questions and trying to get to know me a bit and I responded but kept things light and fun. Texting was normal and there’s nothing I would have said to turn her off in anyway. There wasn’t much of it either.

Wednesday rolls around and she says she has to work early Saturday morning now and thinks it’s best we don’t go out Friday night. She says she’s really sorry, apologizes multiple times and asks if we can reschedule for another day. I say yeah sure no problem, how about Saturday night instead we can keep the same plan. No response. Then find out she has deleted everything off her Instagram (every Single one of her pictures). She has not responded at all to me and I sent another text asking her if she got my last one and if everything is ok—radio silence.

What in the hell? I’ve always thought when a girl offers to reschedule this means interest? Seems like it was not the case this time. Any thoughts On what the hell is going on? I get flaking but not this. Help.

Well at lease you got some feedback from her saying in a polite way she's not interested in dating you. She got better things to do with another guy. When they delete things like that usually means there is someone else she's more interested in than you are. You won't hear back from her ever again, your off her list! One thing I can suggest too you is that you never reschedule when they try to get out of dating you. Just don't answer them back and move on to the next new girl. Don't be weak in their eyes.

Sounds like she was caught by a boyfriend?

On the other end don't try to give meanings to things you don't understand. Her account may have been hacked or any other tech problem. You only had 1 date, and you know you may have a gazillions first date before you hit the jack pot.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sounds like she was caught by a boyfriend?

On the other end don't try to give meanings to things you don't understand. Her account may have been hacked or any other tech problem. You only had 1 date, and you know you may have a gazillions first date before you hit the jack pot.

I was actually thinking that it’s possible she was caught or something. It just proves though that even if someone offers to reschedule it doesn’t always mean that they are interested.

I was actually thinking that it’s possible she was caught or something. It just proves though that even if someone offers to reschedule it doesn’t always mean that they are interested.

It's kind of interesting you are annoyed at the fact she may have had a low interest and not annoyed at the fact she probably has a boyfriend. She was interested in you till she got caught.

• Author
It's kind of interesting you are annoyed at the fact she may have had a low interest and not annoyed at the fact she probably has a boyfriend. She was interested in you till she got caught.

There were no signs of her having a boyfriend at all. And even if she was caught why would she delete her Instagram stuff? She still kept her account but literally deleted all the pictures off?

It’s more comforting to me to know that it’s nothing I personally did. I don’t think this girl had low interest—I’m usually pretty good at reading that sort of thing. She initiated text conversation, excitedly agreed to the date, would write paragraph responses and offered to reschedule when she canceled. and everything. It was going perfectly normal and then poof.

There were no signs of her having a boyfriend at all. And even if she was caught why would she delete her Instagram stuff? She still kept her account but literally deleted all the pictures off?
I dated a man a full year before I caught on he had 2 other girlfriends. Maybe she deleted them because her boyfriend gave her an ultimatum to do so, all options are open.

It’s more comforting to me to know that it’s nothing I personally did. I don’t think this girl had low interest—I’m usually pretty good at reading that sort of thing. She initiated text conversation, excitedly agreed to the date and everything. It was going perfectly normal and then poof.

And 99% of the time they end up not being that single and the other 1% they're at the hospital on life support.

How long ago was your last exchange on text?

• Author
I dated a man a full year before I caught on he had 2 other girlfriends. Maybe she deleted them because her boyfriend gave her an ultimatum to do so, all options are open.

And 99% of the time they end up not being that single and the other 1% they're at the hospital on life support.

How long ago was your last exchange on text?

Yeah I totally agree with you on this. It’s been two days since I offered Saturday as an alternate date..that was Wednesday, it’s now Friday. She sometimes would take 6-7 hours to initially reply to me because of being busy at work but even 24 hours is long these days.

Could be cold feet too? Maybe she got nervous? But the deleting her account thing is what makes me think it’s somehinf more fishy

Edited by Grey40

She may have a bf, she may not. Doesn’t matter.

As baffling as female behavior can be, you will drive yourself insane trying to figure them out.

You don’t have all the information and therefore can never hope to put a logical reason behind it. Moreover, with women, there often is not a logical reason to find. Logic is male energy. Female is based on emotions.

My advice would be to have multiple women to date and don’t count on any one of them. I’m even debating whether it is worth settling down at this point.

• Author

My advice would be to have multiple women to date and don’t count on any one of them. I’m even debating whether it is worth settling down at this point.

Yeah everything you said I already know. You sound really bitter thinking you can’t even trust a woman enough to ever settle down.

• Like 1

Could be cold feet too? Maybe she got nervous? But the deleting her account thing is what makes me think it’s somehinf more fishy

Was she new to online dating?

Is her profile still up on the dating site?

She was probably married and her husband found her dating profile.

What would stop her from setting up accounts under a fake name? She got busted and bailed. This has nothing to do with you.

Cookiesandough

IMO, it doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t spend time trying to figure out the strange behavior of everyone you encounter. You just waste your time and you’ll never figure it out. The facts are that this person is a stranger you met online and you’ve reached out to her twice for a date and she’s blown both of them off. On to the next

• Author
IMO, it doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t spend time trying to figure out the strange behavior of everyone you encounter. You just waste your time and you’ll never figure it out. The facts are that this person is a stranger you met online and you’ve reached out to her twice for a date and she’s blown both of them off. On to the next

Yup. Is that a picture of you in your avatar? Let’s go on a date? Haha you are cute.

• Like 2