He forgot about our date twice. Should I just forget about him?

hartshapedbox

hartshapedbox

I know you may think I'm crazy for even asking, but I went on one date with this guy and it was great. He made it very clear that he was attracted to me, he was a gentlemen, we had interesting conversation and stuff in common. He texted me after to say he enjoyed the date and asked for me to let him know if I wanted to meet up again. We ended up texting a bit then next day and he asked when he could see me next.

We organised a date later that week

The day of the date arrives and he never contacts me, so that night I contact him to ask where we're going. He immediately calls to apogise and admit he completely forgot because his week has been so hectic and he asked to reschedule. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he made the effort to call and reschedule. But the day of the rescheduled date comes (the next night) and again, he never contacts me! This time I don't bother contacting him. Today it's the day after the night we were meant to go on the date and still no word.

Feeling pretty disappointed and wondering what made him lose interest after he seemed so keen.

I haven't contacted him yet. I was into him, but this experience has been pretty discouraging. Should I just forget him? Should I contact him at all?

bathtub-row

Unless he’s one of those people who has an IQ of 160 and is like the absent-minded professor, yes, forget about him. Even in that case, forgetting about 2 dates doesn’t bode well. It’s very possible that he’s a player, is married, etc. It’s best not to second-guess people too much. Go by what they show you with their actions. I’d say he’s playing games.

• Like 1

Yes, you should forget about him.

What are the chances of you forgetting an arranged meet up with a friend twice in a row? That's the same level of respect for your time you should be expecting from dates.

• Like 2

Two forgotten dates...really? I don't buy it. This guy has other priorities to the point of completely blowing you off, and he might make it to the next planned date, but you'll most likely be dealing with a lot of missed and cancelled dates, or inability to have the time for a date due to busy schedule for days, weeks. It's not worth it. He is inconsiderate of your time and your emotions. Take a hint...no need to reach out again. If he reaches out to you, and you want to give it a try, don't hold out any expectations. One more shot...that's it, three strikes.

He made it very clear that he was attracted to me, he was a gentlemen, we had interesting conversation and stuff in common.

You came across your first player, congratulations! They're all very sweet and make you feel like you're special. He didn't score that night with you so he rescheduled but he got lucky with other women so there was no need for him to pursue with you.

You were very gracious to give him a 2nd chance. Since he blew that, you have to assume you are not a priority to him. If you were, he would have remembered the date.

Just walk away.

• Like 1
I know you may think I'm crazy for even asking, but I went on one date with this guy and it was great. He made it very clear that he was attracted to me, he was a gentlemen, we had interesting conversation and stuff in common. He texted me after to say he enjoyed the date and asked for me to let him know if I wanted to meet up again. We ended up texting a bit then next day and he asked when he could see me next.

The day of the date arrives and he never contacts me, so that night I contact him to ask where we're going. He immediately calls to apogise and admit he completely forgot because his week has been so hectic and he asked to reschedule. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he made the effort to call and reschedule. But the day of the rescheduled date comes (the next night) and again, he never contacts me! This time I don't bother contacting him. Today it's the day after the night we were meant to go on the date and still no word.

Feeling pretty disappointed and wondering what made him lose interest after he seemed so keen.

I haven't contacted him yet. I was into him, but this experience has been pretty discouraging. Should I just forget him? Should I contact him at all?

He didnt forget you, you are her second, or third, or fourth option.

He apologizes to keep you on hold while he tries luck with others.

A gentleman wouldnt forget. Find another man.

hippychick3

One forgotten date is one too many. Move on.

You want to date someone who is so looking forward to the next time he sees you that he would never forget your date.

• Like 1

Nothing you did. This is all on his flaky behind.

No. Leave him alone. He knows you're interested and he knows you know he knows he stood you up. Twice. He might be so ashamed of himself, but tough!!!!! Man up and apologize and make good on your atonement like an adult---OR--leave you alone.

One thing to remember: a really good first date isn't a contract to anything else. You need to keep your expectations in line with the experience as it falls out---no living in the future or falling in love with potential on a first date. That is an unforced error on your part.

You have to keep your feelings and your imagination locked down until you've been given a clear, unmistakable green light from him to proceed.

• Like 2

He doesn't care and even worse, he may be just that flakey and disorganized that he can't ever keep a commitment -- not exactly boyfriend material either way.

Yes please! I’d rather someone just say they’re busy at work or couldn’t get a sitter or something. Saying “I forgot” is so insulting. Let’s move on here.

DrReplyInRhymes

One forgotten date is bad enough, but **** does happen in life,

Two forgotten dates is no exceptions, **** that dude and his type,

Date someone new, someone who obviously has more time to spend,

And hopefully won't "forget" about your dates toward the end.

• Like 1

Congrats bc it sounds like you dodged a complete waste of time. Applause. Because that is p*ss poor character. Lust vs worthiness are two totally different things my dear and he isn't worthy. To put into perspective - do your friends do that to you? Probably not. So if he can't meet the basic qualities that you find in a friendship (considerate) then he sure as heck can't step up as a romantic partner. This is how you keep yourself from being mistreated.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

I have a zero tolerance policy - if someone misses one date with me I don't see him. Two? I wouldn't either.

Ruby Slippers

He's not that into you. If he were, he'd be looking forward to your next date and certainly wouldn't forget it. Delete, move on.