me decode

phoenix_7

in guy's speak: what does it mean when a guy says that he is very sensitive of not hurting me, he wants me in his life, and what he feels for me is more than lust?

Honestly. Saying that you like someone more than lust sounds like he likes and maybe wants to start seeing you, but then he says he doesn’t want to hurt you so that sounds like he doesn’t want anything. You got me. What did you say right beforehand to make him say this?

He wants a sexual relationship that is all.

I want you in my life is code for l want to bang you but don't want to be your BF.

• Like 3

He likes you, wants to have sex with you and spend time with you, but doesn't want a relationship with you. He is aware that if he does start seeing you, you'll likely want it to develop into more and he probably still won't.

• Like 2
Versacehottie

No true way to know. But rather than try to decode the words, watch & decode his actions. I think it's odd direction to take the conversation if you are truly "dating".

To me, it feels like he is trying to explain away the FWB thing which means it's a FWB thing and the opposite of what words he's trying to reel you in with.. It's babble so he can have his cake and eat it too. Babble, most likely.

Lotsgoingon

I agree with the others ...

And yeah, I think he might be saying: I really wanna sleep with you. Are you gonna be hurt if I don't commit seriously to you?

I once had a woman tell me that ... and what she meant was (I discovered over time) ... wow, you're wonderful ... but I'm ambivalent about dating you ... I'm not that turned on by you ... but I like having you around. And also she meant, I like having you around, but I worry that you're more into me than I'm into you.

When people are really into you, oddly enough they don't worry about "hurting" you ... They want you. Period.

• Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes

Have you been hurt in the past, is that something you've exclaimed?

Is it because perhaps he's really interested and trying to come across as tamed?

Or perhaps he just wants to hit it and quit it, or escalate it quite fast,

Because everyone knows that the nice guys always finish last.

I think he's not very good with coming right out and saying he's starting to really like you.