Dad meeting single women in Thailand

buoyantnick

buoyantnick

To give you a little background of my family, my dad and my mom have been separated for 4 years now. He has dated twice or thrice ever since. However, he has been single for some time now. My dad and I are going to Thailand for a vacation next month. My girlfriend joked around saying I should let my dad meet and date single women in Thailand. This actually sounds like a good idea but I’m not sure if I should set him up on these things. Would it be bad to interfere with his romantic life? Should I tell him about it?

Be careful about STD's. I can imagine that it is a huge concern with the sex trade in Thailand.

Edited by BaileyB

Do not cross that boundary with your father. The sex trade there is really bad. Don't encourage him. Have a nice time and remember he's your dad and his romantic life is his own and stay out of it.

coolheadal
To give you a little background of my family, my dad and my mom have been separated for 4 years now. He has dated twice or thrice ever since. However, he has been single for some time now. My dad and I are going to Thailand for a vacation next month. My girlfriend joked around saying I should let my dad meet and date single women in Thailand. This actually sounds like a good idea but I’m not sure if I should set him up on these things. Would it be bad to interfere with his romantic life? Should I tell him about it?

Try to meet a woman that works for the hotel your saying at. But again be warn a lot of woman a poor and looking to make a fast buck or two. What you see on TV or the movies not what you think? You find a nice woman and not those are the streets or bars stay way from them..

• Author
buoyantnick
Be careful about STD's. I can imagine that it is a huge concern with the sex trade in Thailand.

It is? That I don't know.

• Author
buoyantnick
Do not cross that boundary with your father. The sex trade there is really bad. Don't encourage him. Have a nice time and remember he's your dad and his romantic life is his own and stay out of it.

I didn't know there's something as "sex trade" in there. I would want him to have as much fun as us during our trip. I just thought him finding someone to date there would be nice but I might be wrong. Guess I would just lay off with his dating life

• Author
buoyantnick
Try to meet a woman that works for the hotel your saying at. But again be warn a lot of woman a poor and looking to make a fast buck or two. What you see on TV or the movies not what you think? You find a nice woman and not those are the streets or bars stay way from them..

Being a wingman for my dad would be interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Are you just thinking he should get laid? I'm guessing you don't live in Thailand or close, so a Thai girlfriend wouldn't make a lot of sense.

ExpatInItaly

Your plan is not a wise one, OP, for many reasons.

I think you need to inform yourself about the very real risks of foreign men hooking up with Thai women; it's not the kind of relationship I could fathom you wanting your Dad to consider.

Just don't go there.

• Like 1

There's no way I'd be trying to influence my dad on his romantic life. That's his thing, it would be weird for a son or daughter to be an influence.

But on Thailand more generally, yes it's a huge risk - a lot of people there are very poor and might just end up using a foreign partner as a way out of the country in the end. Meeting another tourist is an entirely different story. You might be lucky and find someone who is from your city!

Why don’t you just go and have a lovely time with your dad? Forget about his love life. Relax and enjoy the vacation.

I have a different vibe ... Who picked Thailand for the vacation? With all the places in the world to go for a vacation, why pick Thailand which is NOTORIOUS for the sex trade (Philippines second?)? If Dad picked Thailand, I'm thinking HE is tired of no sex in his life and looking to get laid, risky (STDs) as that may be. And why take a son along? This just 'smells' to me.

• Like 2
stillafool

If you want to help your Dad introduce him to a nice lady who lives within traveling distance from him; not some random from a foreign country. Actually it would be best to stay out of his romantic business.

• Like 1
stillafool
I have a different vibe ... Who picked Thailand for the vacation? With all the places in the world to go for a vacation, why pick Thailand which is NOTORIOUS for the sex trade (Philippines second?)? If Dad picked Thailand, I'm thinking HE is tired of no sex in his life and looking to get laid, risky (STDs) as that may be. And why take a son along? This just 'smells' to me.

Yeah, but that would concern me because you know what they say about men who travel to Thailand and what they're looking for.

mortensorchid
stay out of your dad's romantic life

I agree with this statement. Ignorance is bliss.

If you want to help him be sure to ask him proper FIRST and discuss how, what, why and when. You need his input.

• Like 1

It's a really bad idea. You need to inform yourself. Thailand is a free for all land for prostitution and human trade. People are dirt poor and want to leave at any cost and your dad would be their perfect ticket out of their misery. Chances are once moved here they's suck the life out of him then leave him.

If your dad is lonely make him a profile on POF and tell him to have fun,

• Like 1

I hope to visit Thailand someday. It's also a great retirement destination for expats, with low cost of living and great medical care. If I were single, I might retire there and find a local woman to marry - weeding out those only looking for marry for a green card. However, as many have said, the sex trade is ubiquitous, and caution is mandatory; many girls are underage, and there are US laws that target people going there for sex tourism. Seriously, I suggest you stay out of your father's love life and sex life, and discourage him from any ill-advised adventures if he seems inclined.

25% of the prostitutes are boys waiting on a sex change so they can support their families.

• Like 1
normal person
My girlfriend joked around saying I should let my dad meet and date single women in Thailand.

Sorry, but was the "joke" part not that the "single women" in Thailand would actually be prostitutes, because the sex trade there is notorious, especially amongst a demographic similar to your dad: a single, middle aged, western man?

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&hs=ST0&q=why+do+guys+like+to+go+to+thailand&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi89uay0r_bAhVo9YMKHY3uBTYQ1QIIkAEoAA

What else could the joke supposed be in reference to?

This actually sounds like a good idea

Not from my perspective, but to each their own.

but I’m not sure if I should set him up on these things.

Unless you want your dad to get chlamydia, I wouldn't.

Would it be bad to interfere with his romantic life? Should I tell him about it?

You've really got to think about whether or not this is the sort of thing you even want to know about your dad. Odds are if he's planning it himself he probably doesn't want you to know about it to begin with. You probably won't be able to stop him, so ignorance is bliss on both fronts.

I just don't want him to feel alone.

Your dad is a big boy. He can handle his loneliness without your interference.

It's inappropriate for you to be meddling in this.

The sex trade in Thailand is a meat grinder for young girls because of middle aged men like your dad going over there waving money at their rapacious pimps.

Edited by kendahke
I hope to visit Thailand someday. It's also a great retirement destination for expats, with low cost of living and great medical care.

Are you joking? I would definitely not describe the health care as great unless in comparison to the States I guess.

Thailand in general is known for sex and brothels. Some women you can trust thee others you can’t. Many want US citizensship. I really have no advice for you but he needs to avoid areas known for prostitution. Thailand is not where I would go to set up my Dad but have fun anyways