Who should be the one to follow up?

Nofairydust

Nofairydust

I have been seeing this guy for the last month or so. We have gone on 3 dates. Not sure if there is relationship potential and we have not broached the topic, so I would consider us casually dating. We have slept together from the 2nd date on. The last week or so I have noticed that his texts have become more sparse though he still texts back even if it is a day later. He seems to continue the conversation by asking questions.

He initiated the first date but ever since then it has been mostly me asking. Yesterday I asked him via text if he wanted to hang out that night or tomorrow (which is today). He took about 4 hours to respond and said "Busy tonight :/ but yes perhaps tomorrow". I have not heard anything since and it is almost evening time the next day. I have not texted anything either because I feel like I already put myself out there and asked him to hang out and he rejected me last night. Plus I have a feeling he might be fading and saying "perhaps" but in essence it's just a delayed "no".

Should I just let it be? If I text, what should I say?

I would definitely let it be and don't contact him because you've done that already. If he gets in touch, it's fine to respond but otherwise you are chasing him and it's probably not going to get you where you want to be with him.

• Like 1

If you want to see this guy, then follow it up.

I do feel as if he is fading though - but if you remain persistent you'll get your answer to that sooner rather than later.