Met a girl online. How long should I wait?

Met a girl on a social app. We've only just matched about a week ago, and I'm wondering how long before I should ask her out.

Now, I should add that this is an app designed to help college students network with each other on campus, so it's *technically not a dating app*. So I'm wondering, does it matter?

P.S. I noticed that her birthday is coming up later this week, but it might seem weird because I found out about it looking through her profile after some time. Being that we don't know each other all that well yet, should I somehow tie this in with meeting her?

Ugh. Do not try to take her out for her birthday. Since you haven't even met yet a message with birthday wishes is about as far as you should go.

Ask for a meeting -- a meeting not a date -- sooner rather than later. Until you actually spend time together in person, it's all a fantasy anyway.

• Like 1

I say ask sooner over later. See if she's available to meet for coffee in between classes or in the evening this week, or suggest a date on the weekend. I don't think you need to be worried about reading her profile. You fill out the profile and people are going to look at them. It's their purpose. If anyone freaks out that someone peruses their profile, they probably shouldn't be on a site like this that requires it. The birthday could be a nice excuse to ask her out - I saw your birthday is coming up, I was wondering if I could take you out for a drink for your birthday. How does Friday sound? Be prepared that she might already have plans on her birthday, but hopefully she'll counter offer. If she doesn't counter offer, suggest another day. Hopefully she says yes.

• Like 1