Was I wrong? Is it my fault?

Taryanoriley

Taryanoriley

So last night me and my bf had a fight. I got upset because he was saying something to his friend about his ex and showed his friend an object which I think belonged to her and he keeps it. I didn't understand what they were talking about because they were talking in their Italian language. So I asked my bf what are you talking about and he said you and then his friend told me it was about ex ", then I left the room. Bf then followed me and said what's wrong and I said stop talking about your ex all the time and he kept saying he wasn't but I know he was then he got angry and made me feel like I'm the crazy one and wanted to breakup. Guys is it wrong what I did? Why is he always making me feel like I'm crazy or I did some thing wrong?

What did you mean "stop talking about your ex all the time"? Does he talk about her a lot? If so, he isn't over her.

• Like 1
What did you mean "stop talking about your ex all the time"? Does he talk about her a lot? If so, he isn't over her.

Yes if this is the case then I think your reaction is reasonable. Especially when you don’t understand Italian, and then he lied about what they were talking about. Indicates that he knows it is wrong and that it would upset you.

With all the threads you’ve posted about this guy, and how badly he treats you — this shouldn’t be surprising. Again, accept that you’ll never have a healthy, loving relationship for as long as you’re with him.

So last night me and my bf had a fight. I got upset because he was saying something to his friend about his ex and showed his friend an object which I think belonged to her and he keeps it. I didn't understand what they were talking about because they were talking in their Italian language. So I asked my bf what are you talking about and he said you and then his friend told me it was about ex ", then I left the room. Bf then followed me and said what's wrong and I said stop talking about your ex all the time and he kept saying he wasn't but I know he was then he got angry and made me feel like I'm the crazy one and wanted to breakup. Guys is it wrong what I did? Why is he always making me feel like I'm crazy or I did some thing wrong?

If your Italian isn't to the point where you understand it, then how do you know if what his friend said is true?

He could be trying to drive a wedge between you and him because he likes you.

The only kind of guy who'd sell out his boy is a guy who's trying to get what his boy has.

I'd start brushing up on my Italian if I was you--that's if you remain with him.

Also: Thinking that this object is hers and knowing for sure it's hers are two different things.

Edited by kendahke
CommittedToThis
Why is he always making me feel like I'm crazy or I did some thing wrong?

What he does is not the issue, the issue is why are with a man who treats you this way?

Think about this: people treat you the way you invite them to.

If you had a rough childhood maybe you grew up empathetic and are therefore a magnet for these types. What you wrote of him above is a textbook description of someone with narcissistic personality disorder.

Regardless, I implore you to ask yourself why you continue to allow yourself to be treated disrespectfully. The answer usually lies with self-esteem issues.

A little self-love can go a long, long way. I wish you the best.