What do I do

Loveydovey101

Loveydovey101

So I went on two dates with this guy. He was all about holding hands and kissing and cuddling and so was i. Good conversation, good connection, great date. We go home and rave about how much we like eachother.

Two days pass and he’s still validating his feelings for me. Then yesterday he tells me he’s not sure about everything and said he might not be ready. He said he feels like people should be friends before they become romantically involved. Which I agree with in one way, but also you can feel when something’s right and when you click.

He ended up texting with me very deeply for about 3 hours. Felt like we were right where we left off. But friends. He’s a great guy and i would have loved to just be friends but I know I would secretly be wanting something romantic the entire time. I asked if he would ever see me as more than a friend and he said “who knows”. It’s just confusing. I ended up saying that I can’t be friends with him and just sort of said I was disappointed that he gave up.

Now I’m just lost again because I miss him and I feel like i hurt him. He said “now that I can’t give you a relationship you don’t want anything to do with me”. It just sucks because there was something there. If he felt nothing for me he wouldn’t try and be my friend and text me for hours. Ugh advice. Be nice.

newyorker11356

Basically, he's expecting you to be alright with just being friends (for now), even if he may or may not be interested in anything romantically with you.

He's being somewhat selfish.

As for if he's into you, that's hard to say. If he thought beings friends first was the way to go, then why would he be doing all the hand holding, cuddling and kissing stuff early on?

Part of me is wondering if he suddenly had a change of heart about you, and he doesn't know what to say to turn you down now. I could easily be wrong there, of course.

Where did you meet this guy?

Edited by newyorker11356
FilterCoffee

For whatever reason, this guy is not ready for a relationship. Maybe he’s still getting over a breakup but since you both are on different planes, I’d suggest you forget about him and start considering other guys. He’s wishy washy and hoping that he’ll want something more in the future is going to leave you even more disappointed.

• Like 1

I think this guy is emotionally unavailable for whatever reason. Time to move on.

Starting of slow is a different thing though to wanting to be friends.

With what time you've spent together l think he's pretty well decided he's not interested romantically.

hippychick3

It's only been 2 dates. Just move on.

The right guy would never tell you he only wanted a friendship. Men rarely go from lukewarm to hot. If he doesn't feel that excited about you now, he's not going to become excited about you later. Spend your energy finding the right guy rather than analyzing this one.