Protocol after first kiss?

hamsterhouse

hamsterhouse

I went on a nice date with a lovely lady earlier this week. Dinner & drinks. When we parted ways I went in for the kiss. Not a long kiss (had to make my bus), but it was well received. She texted me that she got home safely but also commented that she wishes we could have kissed even more. So that's great!

We agreed to meet up again next week. I'm embarrassed to ask, but since we kissed on the first date is a greeting kiss now mandatory? Or is a greeting hug still on the table, then close the night with a kiss? I know I sound like a kid in middle school here, but I was in a long-term relationship for about 4 years with only some subpar first dates ever since. I'm completely out of the loop with the protocols of casual dating. :p

• Like 1
salparadise

No, not mandatory. Do what feels right for you... as opposed to what you think is expected. If you feel that energy then go for it. If you need some time to rebuild the tension, take it. Bring condoms.

• Like 1

There is no real protocol for this. As hard as it is, try not to over-think it and just go for what feels right at the time. You don't want to gear up for a greeting kiss and in the moment it feel a little awkward but go for it anyway. Or conversely, decide not to go for it, but if you had, it would have worked. At this stage, she seems to like you so you're not going to mess it up if you do/ don't do a greeting kiss. Keep the second date fun, flirty and light and you'll do fine.

l was gonna say , don't tell me there's kissing rules to now , holy moly .

Just let it flow man and enjoy.

Hope it all goes well for ya

• Like 1

Almost assuredly a hug to start. But plan your date with the idea of more time, intimacy, and privacy involved for a longer sesh at the end.

Let it happen organically. Have a little more time interacting with her, ask her about her day, etc. Never force it, take your time, read her body language, wait for that moment when you are close, you are both quiet and looking into each others eyes. Nice and smoooooooth.

• Like 1

A hug to start it off is great. Also, nothing says you have to wait until the very end of the date to kiss her. Kissing her during the date, at the right moment of course, will allow for more time rather than just a goodbye sort of thing.

l was gonna say , don't tell me there's kissing rules to now , holy moly .

there are rules for everything chilly willy

Next time you see her, kiss her lightly on her lips.

I’m a female and usually if we kiss after the first date, the followmg date we could kiss again in the lips (lightly), not French kissing ?

• Author
hamsterhouse

All great advice. Thanks everybody. I'll just get a feel for the moment and go from there.

I think the main issue with kissing from the get-go is it might come off moving too fast, relationshipesque, but I'll see how it plays out.

I went on a nice date with a lovely lady earlier this week. Dinner & drinks. When we parted ways I went in for the kiss. Not a long kiss (had to make my bus), but it was well received. She texted me that she got home safely but also commented that she wishes we could have kissed even more. So that's great!

We agreed to meet up again next week. I'm embarrassed to ask, but since we kissed on the first date is a greeting kiss now mandatory? Or is a greeting hug still on the table, then close the night with a kiss? I know I sound like a kid in middle school here, but I was in a long-term relationship for about 4 years with only some subpar first dates ever since. I'm completely out of the loop with the protocols of casual dating. :p

I think that was just her way of letting you know that she likes you. I don't think she literally meant that she wanted to kissed more in that moment.

I know it's hard, but try to go with the feelings of the moment.