First Date - hard to read?

Went on a first date last night with someone I met on Tinder. I am 26 male, she is 24.

Had a really nice evening, few drinks, she seemed attentive, laughed a lot, talked with no real silences.

I think she wants to see me again. But she was a hard one to read!

. I got there a few minutes before her so waited inside near the back as it was freezing. She got there but went the bar and ordered for herself then text me to say she was there, kind of felt that was strange? Usually in that situation they text me to say they're there then we meet then order together?

.She prolonged the date by asking for one more drink (even though it was a work night!)

.When discussing plans for next week she said 'I am free most of next week' which I understood to mean 'ask me to do something' so I did, I said we should go to play mini golf and she agreed.

.She text me when she got home but not very lengthy. Just 'got home safely, so cold!'

I said 'thank you for good company, looking forward to kicking your butt in golf ;)'

She put 'ahh no worries, I had a nice evening. Big talk! Off to bed, early start :/'

What do we reckon? Her texting has never been overly lengthy before the date anyway, we spoke for 4 days on and off before meeting.

newyorker11356

You can never know for sure, but it seems she had a good time and wants to see you again. That's all you can really hope for.

staggerlee71

It went well.

Dont dilly dally. Set a concrete date and time for mini golf.

Regarding the bar.... nothing to read into there. instead of texting on arrival, she decided to get comfortable with a drink first.

On the texting.... do yourself a favor and don't start analyzing her text length. it means nothing at this point. in fact, its a good thing she is short and sweet.

Go for what you want!!

staggerlee71

One thing I would like to add:

As you begin to date, set dates, and communicate, if you text or call when you want to, are transparent in what you want, she will either reciprocate and begin to initiate, or she will be forced into being transparent herself.

If you analyze communication style and mirror her style, even though that's not your style, you will create games, and a gray area for yourself.

Control your destiny so you always know where you stand

• Like 1

People have different communication styles, so take a step back and judge her by her actions. I would also think that it went well. So, set up the next date and see what develops.

Went on a first date last night with someone I met on Tinder. I am 26 male, she is 24.

Had a really nice evening, few drinks, she seemed attentive, laughed a lot, talked with no real silences.

I think she wants to see me again. But she was a hard one to read!

. I got there a few minutes before her so waited inside near the back as it was freezing. She got there but went the bar and ordered for herself then text me to say she was there, kind of felt that was strange? Usually in that situation they text me to say they're there then we meet then order together?

.She prolonged the date by asking for one more drink (even though it was a work night!)

.When discussing plans for next week she said 'I am free most of next week' which I understood to mean 'ask me to do something' so I did, I said we should go to play mini golf and she agreed.

.She text me when she got home but not very lengthy. Just 'got home safely, so cold!'

I said 'thank you for good company, looking forward to kicking your butt in golf ;)'

She put 'ahh no worries, I had a nice evening. Big talk! Off to bed, early start :/'

What do we reckon? Her texting has never been overly lengthy before the date anyway, we spoke for 4 days on and off before meeting.

Well, if you wanted her to be more clear, I suppose she could have ripped her clothes off and jumped your bones.

Send her a text today that just says, "Tuesday night?"

• Like 1

lol what were you expecting at a first meeting, her showing up in lingerie? Dude everything is normal. She communicated after the date, acknowledged she would like to see you again, and what was planned is accepted....what the hell more do you want?

• Like 4
  • Author

Well we have set the golf for Monday so she seems keen! I think she is just a reserved/shy person. I like her so far though - trying not to get too keen too quick like last time.

- trying not to get too keen too quick like last time.

you know what happens if you shoot your wad too quick