How bad of an idea would it be to go after a close friend of you ex?

CarAndZam

Well let me clear this up, she’s really not my ex actually. She’s a girl I went out with though. 7 dates. We never made it official though, but we go close. We did talk about getting into a serious relationship soon, but things never worked out. We got close enough to where you can say we were both hurt by the “break up” and there was a mourning period, but not close enough to you can say it was earth shattering or anything. Big deal, but not a big deal you get me?

Anyways, it’s even 2 months since things ended between me and her. I’ve kind of moved on, not completely, but I’m not really too sad about it any more and I’m ready to date.

Thing is, I follow one of her close friends on social media and I find her to be so adorably cute. Not sure why, something about her. Seems very nice, introvert, nerdy kind of, and she’s African American, something I’ve always found attractive (I live in a Latino town in Texas so black girls are a gift here). Overall I just want to meet her. I want to to message her through Messenger, but would that be wrong?

Maybe you all should know this however, she and my “ex”, weren’t friends for like a year. When I dated this chick over the summer, she had told me that she and this girl had a fallout LAST summer. They weren’t friends for a while, but when this school year started, they had a class together in college and they kind of broke the ice Thing is, when they started talking again, I was still dating my ex and she was telling “we’re talking but I secretly don’t like her, and I’m avoiding to talk to her”. And that stayed that way, but I’m not so sure of their status now. It’s been like 3 months since she’s told me that. I do see them tagging each other on memes on social media, and they take pictures together (with their other friends in their group however).

What do you all think? Good or bad idea?

You are free to ask out anybody you want. Understand she may say no out of loyalty to her friend. You are after all only some guy, while her friend is important to her.

If she does agree, just date her; don't make a big deal out of your 7 date EX.

I never understand why people feel the need to date friend's of Exs ...when there are so many other people out there.

Many years ago I did this...but it kind of happened by accident. I would never have planned having a relationship with a friend of my Ex.

It's one of the relationships I regret having as well.

• Like 1

You could try, but I think there's a big chance your "ex" will talk s### about you when you come up in a conversation. (She already did the same to this friend) You're still a stranger to this new girl after all