Where do I begin?

jgraham11

So I think I had a previous post about this same girl, but I'm going to update and give as much info as I can without being here all night

1. This girl I work with ended up telling a co-worker she knew would tell me that I was cute. He tells me and tells me to talk to her. I completely screw the approach up and I came on too strong asking for her number and drinks within the first conversation. I mean granted she agreed and gave me her number (more on that later) it was just too much I know.. Plus I know a girl giving you her number doesn't mean much anymore. Pressure, politeness and a lot of other things are factors behind that. I worry I may have pressured her in a way

2. I went up to her a day later and noticed she was hesitant about the idea of getting drinks, so I just said forget it and it was a bad idea. She seemed to say no-no and she sounded like she was going to mention something about the co-worker who told me, but work got in the way and she couldn't finish what she wanted to say.

3. I approached her and just told her that I knew I may have come on too strong and I was sorry for that. I even told her it had been awhile since I was in the pre-dating game since I was in a long relationship for awhile not long before

4. A day later I went and got her coffee and she seemed happy about it and was kind of bubbly after that (maybe just the caffeine?) So I was thinking maybe there was still hope?

5. So I texted her that same night and asked about getting drinks again... and NOTHING! Not even a response from her (and yes it's definitely her number). So now I'm not even looking at her at work and I'm not really saying anything to her either. I got sucked into saying hi, how are you? to her today just cause she said it and I'm not going to be a dick. She also made sure to say she was "Good" a certain way

Ultimately, I really like this girl, but I can't figure out what the hell is going on with her. I mean she never said she liked me, she just said she thought I was cute, so maybe she just realized she didn't like me? I don't want to give up on her yet, but I feel like if I go and talk to her about the no-response text and asking her out again I'd come off as super beta. This cold approach/ no approach is kind of my last chance to salvage some pride, but I don't know if it's the right approach

FYI, I'm leaving out quite a lot of details, so I may periodically drop in things here and there after responses for further clarification.

Edited by jgraham11

Write her off. She's immature & doesn't know her own mind. Grown women don't tell other people they like somebody in the hopes that the somebody will talk to them. If they do that, when the somebody does talk to them, they happily accept invitations for drinks. The fact that you backed off but then had the courage to try again, yet she still couldn't commit to spending an hour with you tells me she's not worth the effort. Be polite & professional at work but nothing else.