Would he contact me back? I can't stop thinking about him

Qkrwodud

Hi, I met this guy two weeks ago while I was walking down the street with my friend. He and his friend started to talking to us and we went to a bar together. He was visiting his friend and had a plan to come back in 2 weeks. He and I had a lot in common and conversations were great. I got his number and we saw each other the next day as well. He and I talked for hours and the chemistry was insane. We made out for an hour and had sex that night.

The next day, Sunday, he wanted to see me before and after my plan so we had a great date. I drove him to his friends place and he asked if we could see each other on Monday. I told him bc he was supposed to leave on Tuesday so I told him to have fun with his friends the last night in town. He said he would see me if I had time for him.

Monday after work he texted me. But I wasn't feeling well so told him that I would like to see him now and would go home early. He said, then he would just hang out with his friends and would see me the day he left. I kinda felt that he was little annoyed. So later that night I called him and asked what the problem was. He said nothing was wrong, he just thought that I wasn't taking him seriously. I told him that I don't do hookups or casual dating bc I was a relationship material. He also told me that he just got out of 10 year relationship and was figuring things out.

I ended up calling him the next day to see him before he left but he said he would be too busy. I told him I was sorry if I was acting crazy and couldn't believe what I did to a guy I just met. He said that was okay and just relax and that he would like to see me next time.

It's been a week since last texting and never heard back from him. I live in Miami and he is from new jersey. It is so rare to find a guy with this crazy connection. And I was sure that he felt the same by the way he talked, behaviors, texts, etc.

I know I am supposed to give it some time but my insecurities are telling me that he would eventually forget about me and never contact me..

I don't know what to do and I am so miserable. I try to look for better side and make time for myself but keep thinking about him...

You told him to spend his last night with his friends, then turned around and expected him to drop his plans when suddenly you had enough time. Did I read that right?

You gave the third degree, and displayed your insecurities, to a guy you've been out with twice. Correct? You really asked him what HIS problem was? :lmao:

And you slept with him, then turned around and tried to say you're not into hooking up. Amirite?

You unleashed the cray cray on the poor guy. He was perfectly willing to see you up to the point where you turned wish washy.

Chalk it up to learning, I guess. Don't expect to hear from him, and don't pursue. Let him be.

• Like 6

Uhhh.. You dont do casual hookups but had a ONS with him the first night you met? LOL. He was calling you for sex. Thats it.. So when you said you could hang out and go home early hes probably like oh hel.l no thanks.

Onto the next. He wanted a hookup and you get crazy and read wayyyy too far into it. Lesson learned.

• Like 1

You're talking out both sides of your mouth, OP.

You had sex on the first date, then told him you don't do hookups. Well, yes, you do. And that's perfectly okay, but you need to see that your words and actions are inconsistent.

You also told him to go out and have fun with his friends on the final night, then got your nose out of joint when he actually did.

I am not too surprised he declined to see you on the final day. He was likely just after a little fun and it got too difficult. I don't think you'll be hearing from him, unless it's to line up another no-strings night of fun.

• Like 2

He lives in another state. You had fun, but this is not a relationship in the making. You did unleash some wishy-washy and hot-cold on the guy.

You slept with him pretty fast, then pull out the "relationship, no hookup" schtick. You told him to spend his last night with his friends, changed your mind, then got upset he already had plans.

The reality is, this guy was just visiting. He's just outside of a long relationship. He had fun. He enjoyed you. But this is not, and never was, a relationship in the making. You were a lot of fun, and now he's home and back to reality.

Take what you enjoyed and enjoy it. Don't fall so quickly into this type of relationship again, as it's not your thing...a guy from out of town was a warning flag all by itself. It surprises me you thought this would become a "thing." Time to move forward. You had fun, but he is not meant to be. Take the fun for what it was, and again, don't fall into this again if you encounter another out-of-town opportunity, or accept it will be temporary, and everyone goes home and goes back to life.

• Like 2
I told him I was sorry if I was acting crazy and couldn't believe what I did to a guy I just met. ...

It has been my experience that people who try to downplay their early "crazy" by saying stuff like this are best avoided.

It's like you weren't owning your behavior.

If he's back in Jersey & you are still in Florida, unless you know when he's coming back, don't hold out hope.

If you want to try again, I suggest something very lighthearted like "How's the weather up there? Wish you had me to snuggle with in all that cold. It's 80F here in Miami if you want to get warm again."

Your other option may be to plan a trip to the Big Apple sometime soon. Make sure you want to see The City in case your proximity is not a lure for him.

• Like 2

lets face it....this isn't going to turn into anything serious. You had fun, he had fun, I think it's just all going to fade because of the distance. He might pop back into town for another shaggin, but nothing more.

Forget about this one. Period.

You told him to go enjoy with his friends and then you confront him saying you're relationship material. I think you've scared the poor guy.