Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

LoverOfDance

Hi guys,

So I am/was talking to this guy on an online dating site called Badoo (not sure if anyone knows it). I started talking to him yesterday. I checked out his profile and while I was checking it out, he checked out mine, liked my profile and said nothing. I didn't want to do the whole liking each other's profile thing so I just messaged him. We started talking and he told me he finds it hard to find someone he's really interested in talking to. He also said that he feels like most ppl these days are in a hurry to get into relationships. I agreed with him and said that I believe it is good to build a foundation first before entering into a relationship. He read the message and didn't reply. About half an hour later, he completely disappeared from my chat list and I couldn't find him anywhere on the site. I was thinking maybe he blocked me but wasn't sure what I did to cause that.

Today, I found him online and messaged him again asking how his day was. After chatting for a few minutes, he disappeared from my chat list again. I'm not sure what is happening. Do you think there is a technical difficulty with the site or is he actually blocking me? He is the only person who has ever disappeared from my chat list so I'm finding it strange. If he is actually blocking me, what do you think could be the reason?

CautiouslyOptimistic

Not familiar with the mechanics of this app/site, but it doesn't really seem like he's showing any signs of interest other than "liking" you, but I never put too much stock in that, personally.

• Like 2
Hi guys,

So I am/was talking to this guy on an online dating site called Badoo (not sure if anyone knows it). I started talking to him yesterday. I checked out his profile and while I was checking it out, he checked out mine, liked my profile and said nothing. I didn't want to do the whole liking each other's profile thing so I just messaged him. We started talking and he told me he finds it hard to find someone he's really interested in talking to. He also said that he feels like most ppl these days are in a hurry to get into relationships. I agreed with him and said that I believe it is good to build a foundation first before entering into a relationship. He read the message and didn't reply. About half an hour later, he completely disappeared from my chat list and I couldn't find him anywhere on the site. I was thinking maybe he blocked me but wasn't sure what I did to cause that.

Today, I found him online and messaged him again asking how his day was. After chatting for a few minutes, he disappeared from my chat list again. I'm not sure what is happening. Do you think there is a technical difficulty with the site or is he actually blocking me? He is the only person who has ever disappeared from my chat list so I'm finding it strange. If he is actually blocking me, what do you think could be the reason?

His wife or girlfriend keeps coming into the room . . . ?

• Like 4

Could be anything. BUT if it was a glitch and he was super eager to talk to you, he wouldve sent his # the second you contacted him again. The fact that he didnt means you should say "next" and find someone else

• Like 1

On other dating apps, I have seen men disable or delete their profile, possibly out of frustration, who knows, only for them to reemerge a day or so later. I've been blocked once that I'm aware of, and that one was a little bit of an odd bird. I've never asked what's going on. I figure if they didn't take the time to exchange phone numbers first to continue the conversation off site before disabling, they're really not interested. They can contact me again online if they are, but so far I have not been compelled to investigate. :) It seems a little flighty, but OLD is its own beast.

I can't say what's going on with this guy. I think the only way you'll know if you've been blocked is if you had the ability to attempt to write him, but since he disappears entirely, I would guess he's disabling or hiding his account. I would consider him uninterested if he shuts down without first arranging a date or ask to exchange numbers. You've reached out, he didn't bite, so if he does reemerge, don't bother reaching out again. If he reaches out to you first, maybe ask him what's going on with that because you seemed to hit it off well enough to arrange a meet and he pulls a disappearing act.

mortensorchid

I wouldn't spend too much time wondering why he's not responding, he's not that interested in you. Move on.

• 2 weeks later...