Girl keeps mention other guys, what does it mean?

reozeno

I was wondering why do girl mention other guy in a conversation?

Note that we are not in relationship(nt bf/gf). We knew each other recently via tinder, and manage to trade contact number. We texted n call n all. I havent manage to ask her out due to hectic schedule. But recently she brought up about anothr guy into conversation. As how Shes getting approached by guys. But i remain cool. It was yesterday she ask about y im nt asking her out yet. But i explain due to my hectic schedule, which in my opnion she did have some sort of interest.

im wondering, is this other-guy-mentioning is actually want to makes me jealous?

Scarlett.O'hara

She is letting you know that she has other options, and that if you don't hurry up and make a date with her, someone else will.

You may think your delay for asking her out is justified, but it sounds like she is growing impatient. It won't be long till she loses interest and moves on to someone else.

• Like 5

You can't just keep women on hold indefinitely because of YOUR hectic schedule.

It doesn't work like that.

She is not your gf so she has no obligation to remain true to you.

Who wants to be with a guy who does not prioritise her and is too "busy" to go on dates?

She can do what she wants and if you are not producing the goods, she will take her custom elsewhere.

Sounds like she may be already gone.

Remaining "cool" in this situation is not the best tactic either.

She probably thinks you do not care and being cool just reinforces that idea.

• Like 1

She is trying to make herself look desired, she wants you to ask her out.

Time may have expired though, when a guy doesn't step up they get friendzoned pretty quickly..

• Like 2

In this context she is absolutely mentioning other men to alert you to the fact that she has choices. She wants you to ask her out. She's trying to raise her stock in your eyes.

What were you doing on Tinder if you don't have time to date, anyway? Seems counter productive.

At this point the more you talk but fail to act, the less attractive you become because the message this woman is receiving is that you don't care about her. Find some time in your schedule or leave this poor woman alone.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

there's cool and laid back .....then there's indifferent which cool and laid back can appear to be.....if you really like someone being either cool or over into indifferent is a tricky place to navigate...in my mind its better to show interest if you have it ...make it clear....

and if you are interested make it known or one of option betas might just beat you there....she is talking to you....its ok to hang back a little thats cool enough...dont crowd sort of thing..sort of playing sauve al..... until the flies bugger off....

but the thing is with flies.....they never go too far away from ripe pickings....if you like her....dont wait too long....in that cool spot before you make your move.......good luck.....deb

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

She may be telling the truth or she may even be lying...But the intent is the same...She wants to give you the impression that she is about something and has other available options, and you need to "play her or trade her", as they say in sports...

TFY

• Like 1
She is letting you know that she has other options, and that if you don't hurry up and make a date with her, someone else will.

You may think your delay for asking her out is justified, but it sounds like she is growing impatient. It won't be long till she loses interest and moves on to someone else.

This is dead on. Better strike while the iron is hot.

But recently she brought up about anothr guy into conversation.

The other thing to take heed of is that when a person is besotted with someone they want to talk about them all the time.

If they happen to be in a relationship then they may bring the other person up "innocently" in conversation, or hide them amongst others they talk about.

I saw Ben at the mall today, he is the guy with the same car as you who works on the next floor up, remember?

It is interesting you say you have an aunt who lives in Minnesota, Ben, the tall guy from work,is from Minnesota...

We all went out for a departmental lunch today, Oliver my supervisor, suggested Ben come along too, him and Ben go way back...

Ask this girl out already!!

As everyone else has stated, she's trying to force it for you to ask before you lose your chance.

Even if she says no, a rejection is better than wondering "what if?"!

• Author

Wow. thank you guys for being helpful. actually when she asked me y i didn't ask her out, i responded with an invitation n its all well. But just posting the thread for knowing her real motives. haha.

• Like 1