Am I being breadcrumbed?

Adventuregirl

Adventuregirl

I've been on 3 dates with a guy I met on Tinder.

We had drinks on date 1, dinner on date 2 and comedy and drinks on date 3.

We had a great time and he told me he really liked me.

From the start he would usually reply to messages after 10 minutes.

Since the last date he leaves it almost a day to reply even though he reads the message soon after I send it. I am on vacation so we haven't seen each other in 3 weeks. We had organised a fourth date before I left but he cancelled a few hours before saying he had to work. He did say he wanted to see me when I got back but his communication has been sparse since then.

I think I already know but does it seem like this is going nowhere? Just looking for confirmation so I can forget about him already haha.

Thanks in advance

I've been on 3 dates with a guy I met on Tinder.

We had drinks on date 1, dinner on date 2 and comedy and drinks on date 3.

We had a great time and he told me he really liked me.

From the start he would usually reply to messages after 10 minutes.

Since the last date he leaves it almost a day to reply even though he reads the message soon after I send it. I am on vacation so we haven't seen each other in 3 weeks. We had organised a fourth date before I left but he cancelled a few hours before saying he had to work. He did say he wanted to see me when I got back but his communication has been sparse since then.

I think I already know but does it seem like this is going nowhere? Just looking for confirmation so I can forget about him already haha.

Thanks in advance

Any reason why you can shoot him a text saying "gonna be back in a few days and am really looking forward to seeing you! Let's go for drinks at (place) on (day) at (time). My treat!"

If he lets that go for days on end, then you'll know that he has no interest.

If you need him to check in everyday and report, then you need to tell him that. Don't punish him for not knowing what you want. Not every woman needs to put a leash on a guy's cell phone.

• Like 3

Quite frankly, by now, you should be springing for a date. You don't make clear whether or not you've paid for a date yet or made the plans. He may be seeing if you're arsed enough to do it.

Breadcrumbs are what you get after a break up when the dumper sends you dumb messages like "hi!" or "what's up?" but doesn't say anything about getting back together. So no, you are not getting breadcrumbed.

You are on vacation & this guy knows it. Why on a vacation you even have a clue about when somebody reads your messages or how fast they respond boggles my mind. How boring is your vacation?

When you come back, get in touch with him. You invite him on a date & you pay. He's treated enough. If that doesn't get things running at a smoother pace, then assume he's low interest & move on. But for right now, you can't very well expect him to chase you while you are away. That is not fair.

• Like 1
  • Author
Adventuregirl

Valid points all round

I paid for every other round of drinks on the first date and dessert on the second date. I organised and paid for the third date - he didn't actually know what we were doing, kept it as a mystery which we both thought was funny.

Regarding my vacation - I am travelling alone so actually look forward to chatting at the end of the day, and I do like the guy so can't help myself checking these things. I'm trying my best not to be the crazy girl I promise!

OK. If you have treated good for you. If your concerns are born more from anticipation then clinginess, OK, but you still need to acknowledge that he might be powering down while you are away. Enjoy your trip & then see how things go when you are back. Perhaps send him a snail mail post card or get him a small trinket < $10.

• Author
Adventuregirl
OK. If you have treated good for you. If your concerns are born more from anticipation then clinginess, OK, but you still need to acknowledge that he might be powering down while you are away. Enjoy your trip & then see how things go when you are back. Perhaps send him a snail mail post card or get him a small trinket < $10.

Thanks. I'm not being clingy, just looking forward to seeing him again, so I guess I'm just being impatient.

I'll wait and see how it plays out when I'm back. I'm sure I'll have the answer then

When are you coming back?

It was just 3 dates and you left for + 3 weeks. He may have met someone else. You can't blame him.