Define Dating/relationship success and Dating/relationship Failure

barbossa

How do you define Dating/relationship success

It is subjective so how would you define success and how would you define Failure?

Surely through luck but also work and effort some people are more successful than others.

Success is being in a good relationship. I don't see 'failure' in the context of a relationship which doesn't work - I just see incompatibility.

JuneJulySeptember

Just like in life .. there is no success and failure and no winners and losers. Only life lived. At least that is my view of the world. I am SURE others here disagree.

That said, if you never experienced romantic love before you died, then you could say you failed at romance. But perhaps that person has parents or a friend or sibling they are very close with. To me, it's a very similar thing.

• Like 1
How do you define Dating/relationship success

She kept looking at her watch

(Doesn't matter, had sex)

But I cried the whole time

I think she might've been a racist

She put a bag on my head

(Still counts)

But seriously...

Surely through luck but also work and effort some people are more successful than others.

Are you wondering whether you're successful or not? I don't know about women, but I think a lot of guys wonder how well they're following Mother Nature's imperative. I mean, it's not like we have yearly evaluations like at work, so we never know if we're doing good or "needs improvement."

You know, there's success in catching the girl but failure in keeping her. Lots of guys who seem to have the magic touch for meeting girls are never in relationships for very long. Keeping a relationship together requires a lot of negotiation.

If you each leave better than you were going in, that, my friend, is a resounding success in my book. It's always my goal, but it doesn't always happen.