am i being overly paranoid?

i am a little freaked out here. i have been having a hard time getting over my ex, and at the encouraging of friends decided to post my info on a (well-known?) dating website, along with my pic.

well within 24 hours, his best friend-- whose picture i recognized-- sent me a notice that HE was interested. what is going on?

KissMyTiara

Two things could be going on here: he's either testing you at the behest of his friend, or he's genuinely interested. Are you?

• Author

"at the behest" what does that mean? :o hehe i don't have a very large vocabulary...

do you mean my ex is testing me through (getting) his friend to hit on me?

• Author

oh, one more thing: why do you think he would be testing me to begin with? do you think he still may have a thing for me?

KissMyTiara
Originally posted by aliya34

"at the behest" what does that mean? :o hehe i don't have a very large vocabulary...

do you mean my ex is testing me through (getting) his friend to hit on me?

Yes, exactly.

oh, one more thing: why do you think he would be testing me to begin with? do you think he still may have a thing for me?

That, or he's just really immature.

• Author

oh... wow. well he's 22... can guys still be immature at that age....

well i blocked his friend because it freaked me out, i think i may take my profile off there altogether! :sick:

curiousnycgirl

LMAO are you joking? I dated a guy 19 years older than me for 8 years (from the time he was 49 through 57) and I am STILL the more mature one in the relationship!!!

G/F some men never grow up.

well i blocked his friend because it freaked me out, i think i may take my profile off there altogether! :sick:

Believe me. Guys can be immature at any age.

You did the right thing if having your profile there bothered you. Either your ex's best friend was interested in you, or the both of them need to do some growing up. Good idea removing yourself from the situation.

You will find someone nice eventually. I know after a break up that seems difficult to believe at times, but please know this is true.