She comes, she goes, she comes, she goes.

Koans

I haven't been on this in a min and didn't want to but thought this was unique.

I went out on a date with this girl who I kept in contact with through Facebook. I met her at my friends house warming party. My friend is a girl. My friend's boyfriend invited all of his guy friends who brought their girlfriends. And in this post, its one of those "girlfriends" I'm referring to. Lets call her Amy. After the night of the house warming, I found Amy on Facebook and added her. I never built legit rapport with her or anything. Did not even speak to her once within those 2 yrs of having her as a friend on Facebook. But how she still remembers me was because I was pretty much the life of the party.

Long story short, I randomly messaged Amy on Facebook one night. Keep in mind, this is 2yrs since the night of the house warming party. Long story shorter, when the date night with Amy was over, I contributed her immediate silence and the conversations we had that I possibly might have been on a date with a rebound chick. She eventually goes silent after the night of the date. As one should expect..

Cool, fine. Didn't get mad or anything. But I was surprised that I did not get deleted off of Facebook. Because everyone at the house warming party were deleted including her boyfriend that she broke up with. Even my female friend got deleted. Because everyone at the house warming party were pretty much more of Amy's boyfriends' real friends than hers. She was just the "I'm with him" girlfriend. I'm assuming that because since those weren't really my friends, that I was spared. lol. Anyways, I greeted Amy through messenger 6 months later since the night of the date just to see how she's doing. At this point, I already deleted Amy from my phone. Amy actually replies back. So then I reply, then she goes silent. Hours later, she texts me from a new number. She tells me to keep it. I was surprised that she even kept MY number. "Got it, locked in" is what I said. Kept it super basic. Amy asks how I'm doing, I reply. I ask how she's doing. Then she goes silent again. I only texted her once more, "yo you good? you fell off the face of the earth". 2 weeks now have passed. That's all.

Feel free to put in your input. But I already answered it myself.

Edited by Koans

It sounds like you're flogging a dead horse as they say. It seems to me like she had a boyfriend when you met at the party, then broke up with him around the time when you first got in contact with her (at which point she was on the rebound), then decided she wanted to move on and distance herself from anyone connected to him. The only reason why she's still remotely talking to you is because you are not connected to her ex. But she doesn't seem to he into you from a romantic point of view otherwise the contact would be more consistent. So I wouldn't give her anymore of your precious time going forward.

• Like 1