How do I recover from showing too much interest at this point?

valtiel

Classmate had her eyes on me for months. Asked her out on a Friday, our schedules didn't match up. English is not her first language.

I call, and ask her out to go on Friday. We already had plans to go the gym on monday

Mentions fake bf

Flaked on my text, still expected me to hang out with me on Monday. I didn't go.

Didn't flake on my texts the next day, we hung out (at the gym) on wednesday

She paused to watch my set, I kept it light, and cocky. Challenged her to a race, she owes me lunch.

She asks me about what bar (it's not a bar) I was going to take her to, among other personal questions about living situation, hobbies etc.

Suddenly interested in my attempt at asking her out?

About her: - Hates clubbing, loves EDM, she invited me to one - Thought I was going to take her to a bar, it's not, it's a popular fun place for first dates and couples

- Probably thought I was too young, I reveal I am in my mid twenties, she(2 years older) is surprised - Her friend winged hard for us.

If I hang out with her on monday on campus I can escalate throughout, could she still be interested despite me jumping the gun? - I kept it light at the gym but I think I should move past that.

What I learned: - If English isn't her first language, text, not call or better, ask her out in person if she's a classmate

I don't see where you expressed too much interest too soon.

I like your plan to overcome the fact that English isn't her first language.

Why do you think the BF she mentioned is fake? Usually women tell a man about a BF because it's true or it's a kind non-confrontational way to convey that she is not interested in a guy romantically. Whether this BF is real or fake, proceed with caution.

• Like 1

Is English you first language? It was a bit hard to follow what you wrote.

It doesn't seem like you expressed too much interest at all. It seems as though she may not be expressing enough by mentioned a "fake bf" and "flaking on your text". Also if she thinks you're too young for her... she seems to be making excuses or just giving you reasons to not date.

• Author
I don't see where you expressed too much interest too soon.

I like your plan to overcome the fact that English isn't her first language.

Why do you think the BF she mentioned is fake? Usually women tell a man about a BF because it's true or it's a kind non-confrontational way to convey that she is not interested in a guy romantically. Whether this BF is real or fake, proceed with caution.

Her friend was very supportive. It doesn't make sense to push us together if she already has a BF.

She suddenly became interested about where I was about to take her.

• Author
Is English you first language? It was a bit hard to follow what you wrote.

It doesn't seem like you expressed too much interest at all. It seems as though she may not be expressing enough by mentioned a "fake bf" and "flaking on your text". Also if she thinks you're too young for her... she seems to be making excuses or just giving you reasons to not date.

She thought I was 18.