Why do guys date friends of friends?!

Pancakehatt

I am [26F] and the ex [28M]

I new him a year before relationship was 6 months.

Okay so this is going to be super long...

My friend has this brother type of relationship with my ex [28m] so that's how I met him. At first he was hanging out with a friend of mine... he just looked at it as a friend thing but she was thinking it was more... he told her like it was blah blah blah...

Okay so now a year later... he's the first friends "bro", I hang out with her, he is always around, he starts talking to me and I'm like oh **** I never thought of him that way. We start talking, end up getting together, 2 friend gets pissed and that ends our friendship.

So we got together kinda fast but I'm like whatever we have known each other for like a year. I say at his house always, we couldn't get enough of each other. He asked me to move in with him like maybe 2 months into it and of course I say yes cause I'm basically already living there.

We get into fight about the first friend a lot... but that's like his sister so I don't mind that they are close. Just seems like he picks her over me a lot. But we always got past it.

Fast forward: we were together 5 months we break up...

We end up seeing each other at the first friends house we start talking and see each other every night of our "long breakup" which was only like 4 days so obvi im being sarcastic.

He says all o can give you right now is going Day by day...

What ever that is.

But I guess that means like dating but not together maybe? We do that and he's super sweet like always... he always wants to see me. Wants me to stay the night when he has to work early even tho he will be sleeping, he just liked being close to me. He looked at me with so much love in his eyes. This day by day lasted about 2 weeks...

When one night I needed help with something, I knew he would be close by so I asked for help but he declined, mostly cause he just didn't want to...

So I went off about the first friend and how he cares more about her.

So we stopped trying.

So actually this is the real problem.

He starts talking to some new girl that works with the first friend... this girl is always in love with whatever guy is nice to her or pays her basic human respect.

He said he isn't looking for a relationship.

Kept saying they were just friends but now here they are together.

He loved me I know he did so wtf is the problem.

You need time to heal so what is this?

Yes yes people say get away from him but it's nearly impossible because he is involved in my friend group.

**TL;DR**

How is it that he "moved"on so fast?

And if he didn't want a relationship, how is it that it became one? Unless he's the type just like her, wants literally anyone that is nice to him.

1st friend asked me why do I hate this girl that I don't even know... and I finally found the perfect answer...

"I hate her because she was just in love with 2 other guys at work that just showed her basic respect, so it feel to me that she love anyone that is nice to her, she won't be able to appreciate my ex like he deserves to be, the new girl just seems like someone that wants anyone just to say she has someone"