Am I overthinking things?

braceyourself

braceyourself

I met this wonderful guy on a dating website. We are both 34, lefties, and love purple. After 2 weeks or so, we meet up and there is definitely a spark so we decided to go to dinner the next night. We talked for 2 hours and hugged goodbye. Now as a woman, I am so use to guys being vulgar, trying to grope me, insinuating that they want sex... but this guy has not. He hasn't even really said the word sex. He told me he was shy and he couldn't look me in the eyes lol.

After our date, we go back to chatting throughout the day. I mostly initiate our conversations (via text) and he always reply right back. Before we met we talked sometimes all day through messenger and now its decreased a lot! I thought he wasn't in to me. So NYE, he and I start talking and I could tell he wanted me over. So i go over and he hugged me and kissed my cheek and that was it!! No holding me, no tongue kiss, no nothing all night!! He told me he was a gentleman but I'm not sure if he is attracted to me. So early the next morning, I cuddle him and he rubs my back and rubs my hand. I get up to leave and he walks me to the door and we hug goodbye.

We are set to go out again next weekend. He text me everyday saying hey pretty lady or gorgeous but I don't know. I understand the sex part but no kissing no nothing!!

• Like 1
heavenonearth

I have no idea where you see a problem. You are complaining he didn't want sex? huh?

First off, I am very shocked to hear about the kind of encounters you have had with men in the past. How is it possible? Guys being upfront about groping you and what not? Where the heck do you live, Trump's living room?

Anyway, this guy is into you, he is shy and courteous. If you are less shy of a person, next date you have, why not just kiss him and see what happens?

nothing wrong with a woman taking the initiative.

Please don't overanalyze this situation or dramatize it. Just go with the flow and enjoy the fact you have a wonderful company and a good time.

• Like 2

No need to rush things.

“Love moderately. Long love doth so.

Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."

- Romeo and Juliet, Act 2, scene 6.

Take care.

Unless he's a 34 yr old virgin, maybe he has erectile dysfunction or gay. Seems like tongue kissing ought to happen at least by 2nd, third date.

• Like 2

I agree you should talk to him

But at the same time, usually when a woman and a man are together, in an intimate setting, on a romantic night...theres going to be at least some kissing

I would feel a little wierd about it too

Dont get me wrong, I dont have sex outside exclusive relationships so I'm not looking for sex right off the bat but I would expect a guy to at least make a move or two

OLD is so strange, I spent New Year's Eve with a guy I met on OLD (no sex or anything) and a day or two later...it fizzled out just like that. Its really difficult to find not only a good fit but a lasting fit

If I were you, I'd talk to him and give it maybe another date or two...but if he's still acting like a friend at that point....move on girl :)

• Like 1