Guy of my dreams gone wrong? Do I stand to be corrected?

ToBePampered

I'm 22 and have been single for two years. I've been using my time to better myself and pursue my interested. I have also been keeping a journal of things that I am looking for in a relationship, as I continue to grow as a person.

I recently joined a committee of an organization that I'm involved with. I met a guy we'll call Justin. During the meeting he kept eyeing me and smiling. Afterwards he hugged and kissed me (on my face) goodbye. Prior to this we chatted and he discussed us practice our French (it's a French oriented organization) together. He also gave me his business card.

A few days went by and he was in the back of my mind. I had a question about the groups next meeting, and so I used it's an opportunity to talk to him ;)

I send him a text asking my question and he answered immediately, and even thanked me for contacting him. Long story short he suggested we meet in person and we grabbed something to eat that Friday.

It was AMAZING! We had a lot in common, and i learned about him that was intriguing. He even had some of the minute details that I had on my "list." These thing aren't necessary, but it was so strange that he had them! Most of all he treated me with respect. I enjoyed that. He even referenced future plans for us and evens meeting his friends, traveling, and the fact that he has job opportunities in the places I'd like to live.

As we said goodbye he hugged me and even told me that he was sad to see me go. He texted to see that I made it home okay, and suggested a date at his house for movies two days later, Sunday.

I was busy that day so I declined, but he assured me that would reschedule when he returned (He was leaving for a week for Thanksgiving). But something internally, like in my spirit told me that something was wrong. I think I now know why I had that feeling.

I texted him wishing him a Happy Thanksgiving. He replied in kind. I didn't text him while he was away. He returned. I heard nothing from him. I texted him a few days later asking how things were. He replied briefly. We chatted about the upcoming committee meeting but that was it. I started to really feel like something was off.

Friday that just passed I just came out and said "I'm sorry if I'm texting you so much, but I'm free tomorrow and I'd like to cash in my raincheck for that movie if you're interested/available" he immediately responded that I could come over in the evening after he got home from his activities, and even offfered to pick me up.

I actually wasn't interested in going to his home. It's too soon for me and he is 7 years my senior. Just don't want to be unsafe. So I asked him if there was a theatre near him. He never replied. Today is now Monday.

What went wrong. He seemed heavily interested in me in the beginning.... what it the long vacation he had? Was he expecting sex and was mad that I don't want to go to his home (I never said that but only made the suggestion for the theatre. I actually really liked this guy, but I'm thinking I'll have to get over him. I have to see him on Wednesday at the meeting. How should I react?