Dating: How far in advance is good, how much in advance is too much?

Anika9

I have one day off a week. So does the guy i'm asking out. I know he values his day off so is it best to ask for the following week?

I E ask tomorrow if he wants to hang out two Fridays from now as apposed to this Friday?

myself i like A LOT of warning so idk if its reasonable or i'm biased.

Should i call it a date or hanging out. i 'like;' him but am not expecting or intending on getting physical immediately. is that a reason not to call it a date?

Thanks.

• Author

yes i do like someone on the other thread (Thelonious). This is not about him, and was for my friend (is that allowed?) bc i'm no good at giving advice on these things. we both like waiting a long time and little experience dating. at least not asking people out.

I think she should ask him out for two weeks from now. It is what i would do / will do in future if i'm in this kind of situation. Idk if anyone is going to answer this but my vote is for next week and call it a date not hanging out, because she likes him, and no reason not to call it a date. if it bothers him so what. thats an answer on its own, right?

You can just tell me if you agree, if you don't feel like writing out a long reply. Ill just tell her i'm right. She wants to call it hanging out but i think its weak. :) They have known each other 5 months.

Thank you.

You should ask as far out as you feel is necessary. There is no rule. Obviously waiting until the last minute would be a poor choice.

You should call it hanging out if you only have platonic intentions. If you are testing potential for a relationship then call it a date. Of course, you youngans may have different standards these days.