Slow fade?

CryForNoOne

I've gone on 3 dates with this girl and we've been sleeping together since the first date. Very strong sexual attraction. The first couple dates were dinner, drinks, then she invited me to stay over. Our third date was our first real get to know each other all day date at the county fair. Things seemed to be going great, tons of hand holding and PDAs. On the drive home we started talking politics and something I said definitely rubbed her the wrong way as she pulled her hand away and we had an awkward 5 minutes or so. She was going to stay over at my place, but then asked me to take her home. When we got there, I thought for sure I was going to drop her and never talk to her again. But she invited me to stay over. Go figure. We started watching something on Netflix and then we started heavy petting again. But she stopped me right before intercourse telling me she had her period. We did a ton of dryf***ing for nearly an hour then went to sleep. Next morning, she walked me to the car and kissed me goodbye.

Since then texting has been very sporadic and I always have to initiate now. I asked her Saturday afternoon if she was free Saturday or Monday night and she replied "I'm not free until Wednesday". I didn't reply. Monday I sent her a quick text and she hasn't replied. I figure it's done at this point as I'm kinda lukewarm about her except the sex. Maybe she feels exactly the same. Why else would she invite me to stay over the last time I saw her. Politeness? LOL...

Why else would she invite me to stay over the last time I saw her. Politeness? LOL...

Probably uncertainty. And yeah it's prob done if you're trying to out-no-reply each other. ;)

• Author
Probably uncertainty. And yeah it's prob done if you're trying to out-no-reply each other. ;)

She broke the silence and ended it with a "I've had a great time and wish you the best text" just a few minutes ago. I don't even feel anything really so I guess the feeling was mutual. I only would have stuck around for the sex but I think that's the difference between most men and women. I appreciate the closure from her though. I enjoyed the time I spent with her but it just wasn't going to go anywhere...

Odd, but I recall many many years ago hearing that "period" line from someone I'd started dating and afterwards the pattern was exactly the same, with the heavy making out, then the following day the slow fade until nothing. I did find out later that she was used to more forceful men, and generally sleeping with them within the first few dates. So looking back I always presumed it's simply because I took my time and the "I'm on my period" line was the moment she decided not to take anything further whilst I was with her. Oddly she did come back months later, but I'd mentally moved on and wasn't interested. Maybe yours will do the same.

What did you actually say that rubbed her up the wrong way?

doesn't matter if it was politics talk.

anyone who WANTS to talk politics on a date is the kind of person that will dump you if your ideals do not match theirs. aka "crazy"

I have seen profiles that say "if you are voting XXXX" don't bother messaging me."

which is fine.

It's the women who don't put that in their profile then want to know who you are voting for while on the date.

If you are not voting for their candidate you are done and they wasted your time.

I'm sure there are men like this also. i've seen some idiot guys lose it over someone making a political joke.

A political joke. "crazy"

anyone who WANTS to talk politics on a date is the kind of person that will dump you if your ideals do not match theirs. aka "crazy"

I have seen profiles that say "if you are voting XXXX" don't bother messaging me."

which is fine.

It's the women who don't put that in their profile then want to know who you are voting for while on the date.

If you are not voting for their candidate you are done and they wasted your time.

I'm sure there are men like this also. i've seen some idiot guys lose it over someone making a political joke.

That is because politics is not important to YOU, that doesn't mean others do not take politics very seriously.

Dating is about finding compatible people surely?

Yes, some people can live happily with those who do not share their political stance, but if strongly held views are going to be a bone of contention then perhaps better to find that out sooner rather than later.

A: The homeless are the scum of the earth, they need shot. We, as a society are far too soft on those low lifes.

B: I spend all my free time helping at a homeless shelter. Society needs to do more to help the vulnerable.

• Like 1
  • Author
Odd, but I recall many many years ago hearing that "period" line from someone I'd started dating and afterwards the pattern was exactly the same, with the heavy making out, then the following day the slow fade until nothing. I did find out later that she was used to more forceful men, and generally sleeping with them within the first few dates. So looking back I always presumed it's simply because I took my time and the "I'm on my period" line was the moment she decided not to take anything further whilst I was with her. Oddly she did come back months later, but I'd mentally moved on and wasn't interested. Maybe yours will do the same.

We had sex on the first and second date so I don't think it was because I wasn't forceful enough. She finished me off with a great BJ both times but didn't on third date so I knew the "period" line was BS.

Edited by CryForNoOne
  • Author
What did you actually say that rubbed her up the wrong way?

We wandered onto the topic of all the police shootings and I said racial profiling exists for a reason and that the media is stoking the fire by over-reporting the black shootings and ignoring police shootings of unarmed white people. She got all bent out of shape which is kinda of comical because I was a Bernie supporter and she is leaning towards voting for Trump. I just speak me my mind without much filter which is too much for some people...

• Like 1
  • Author

which is fine.

I haven't had an OLD profile in years. I met her the old fashioned way - picked her up at a bar...

We wandered onto the topic of all the police shootings and I said racial profiling exists for a reason and that the media is stoking the fire by over-reporting the black shootings and ignoring police shootings of unarmed white people.

Here is your reason.

I

Why else would she invite me to stay over the last time I saw her. Politeness? LOL...

No, women need sex too. It's just that once you were in the house she lost interest and realized it wasn't going to work - not even for sex.

• Like 1
  • Author
Here is your reason.

Well duh. I wasn't asking for a reason. I knew exactly what and when and said so in my OP. My takeaway is never talk politics with someone if you're just in it for the sex...