Dumped after being asked out by her

CryForNoOne

CryForNoOne

We met several months ago but she started seeing someone so we kinda drifted off. She let me know she was single again in the beginning of June so we started sleeping together. Neither of us want to rush into anything so it's been casual. We've both been really busy with work lately and it looked like we weren't going to see each other for about 3 weeks. We stay in touch texting every few days. Monday night she tells me she has a break in her work schedule and asks me out - movies and sex at her place afterwards. Yesterday we worked out the details of the date, nothing else. Today, she texts me "I've been thinking about it for a few days and I don't think we should see each other anymore. I'm sorry. You're a great guy and it's been fun but I don't think we're a good match - and anyway, you deserve a girl whose life is way less messy than mine. Everything has been overwhelming me lately, and I need to spend some time getting my head on straight. you've been nothing but a gentleman, so thanks for the good times xoxo"

Not sure what to make of it. My initial reaction was that it is the standard, "it's me not you" speech. I guess regardless of the reason, it's time to move on. But why the hell did she ask me out on Monday and then breakup less than 48-hours later. This Friday couldn't have been the "breakup in person" date as it was movies and sex. No dinner. And she explicitly said "lets see a movie then fool around after..."

Edited by CryForNoOne
We met several months ago but she started seeing someone so we kinda drifted off. She let me know she was single again in the beginning of June so we started sleeping together. Neither of us want to rush into anything so it's been casual. We've both been really busy with work lately and it looked like we weren't going to see each other for about 3 weeks. We stay in touch texting every few days. Monday night she tells me she has a break in her work schedule and asks me out - movies and sex at her place afterwards. Yesterday we worked out the details of the date, nothing else. Today, she texts me "I've been thinking about it for a few days and I don't think we should see each other anymore. I'm sorry. You're a great guy and it's been fun but I don't think we're a good match - and anyway, you deserve a girl whose life is way less messy than mine. Everything has been overwhelming me lately, and I need to spend some time getting my head on straight. you've been nothing but a gentleman, so thanks for the good times xoxo"

Not sure what to make of it. My initial reaction was that it is the standard, "it's me not you" speech. I guess regardless of the reason, it's time to move on. But why the hell did she ask me out on Monday and then breakup less than 48-hours later. This Friday couldn't have been the "breakup in person" date as it was movies and sex. No dinner. And she explicitly said "lets see a movie then fool around after..."

But why the hell did she ask me out on Monday and then breakup less than 48-hours later. -- Just because someone asks you out, it doesn't mean they are committed or obligated to continue seeing you. It's a date. Dates are for finding out if there is enough there to continue seeing that person.

Beyond that, this girl may simply be a "playa" and you've just had your first one-night stand, dude :) Tables are turned . . .

Make sure you call her incessantly, show up at her house and demand an explanation and then boil her bunny . . .

A) Cold feet

B) She met someone else

Obviously B........if it doesn't work out she'll text back it ha change of heart.

... She let me know she was single again in the beginning of June so we started sleeping together. Neither of us want to rush into anything so it's been casual. ...

Monday night she tells me she has a break in her work schedule and asks me out - movies and sex at her place afterwards. ... Today, she texts me "I've been thinking about it for a few days and I don't think we should see each other anymore. I'm sorry. You're a great guy and it's been fun but I don't think we're a good match - and anyway, you deserve a girl whose life is way less messy than mine. ...you've been nothing but a gentleman, so thanks for the good times xoxo"

I think you treated her too well and gave indications you were serious minded. Therefore, she didn't see you as a good casual sex candidate.

If she didn't think you cared so much, she might have been more willing to do fwb.

Neither of us want to rush into anything so it's been casual.

But you started having sex so you were already starting to bond.

She was probably already seeing someone else and/or the sex wasn't that good for her.

• Author
CryForNoOne
I think you treated her too well and gave indications you were serious minded. Therefore, she didn't see you as a good casual sex candidate.

If she didn't think you cared so much, she might have been more willing to do fwb.

That's my guess

• Author
CryForNoOne
My guess is that the guy she had been with previously came back.

I doubt it. She told me she dumped him because he wanted an LTR. Most likely, she did the same to me though I never even hinted at that.