Kissing on the first date - when is it right?

iceisles

How does one know if they should kiss someone on a first date? Obviously you would only consider this if the date went well. Some girls don't kiss on first dates, while others don't mind at all. Guys, do you generally just go for it, or do you play it conservatively and hold off the kiss until the second date? I know there is a lot of gray area here, but I thought it would make for a good debate.

Im a girl but if its like a blind date I wouldn't kiss, or if I met the guy the previous day and we went out the next night probably not.

If it was a friend turning romance or a guy i've known and liked for a while I would.

But then again I kissed my now bf in the first couple hours we met because I just did. lol :o:p

Its up to you, how you read her and how the nights going.

I wouldn't ever kiss on the first date. I kissed my husband after dating for two months.

• Author

Lots of folks say that the moment will "feel right", but I haven't always found that to be true. Sometimes you just have to decide if you want to or not. Usually attempting a kiss that is not received well doesn't ruin the chances for a second date, but it sure makes things awkward.

Lots of folks say that the moment will "feel right", but I haven't always found that to be true. Sometimes you just have to decide if you want to or not. Usually attempting a kiss that is not received well doesn't ruin the chances for a second date, but it sure makes things awkward.

I mean the couple kisses I have received have felt completely right. Its like the night slows down for one second, the eye contact is just right, your both kind of moving towards each other without even noticing, your lips meet and either you get sparks or a smack in the face. lol

Your right in the fact it wont ruin a potential second date but it will make things awkward.

• Author
Originally posted by EtErNaLlYCoNfUsEd

you get sparks or a smack in the face. lol

There's nothing like taking home a red handprint on the cheek as a souvenir of the date.

• Author
Originally posted by tiki

EC swallows on the first date. :laugh:

:confused:

:bunny:

Oh yeah? EC, what are you doing tonight? :cool:

Originally posted by iceisles

I know there is a lot of gray area here, but I thought it would make for a good debate.

Let me make this more "black 'n white" for u ICEISLES.

#1) almost all women will kiss of first date if they really like the guy and chemistry is there

#2) yes the guy should go for it without asking for permission IF he's getting the "vibes".

#3) you must learn to read the signals and body language of a woman who does and does not want to be kissed. it is very easy to detect once you have experience.

#4) brush up on you kissing skills cause if you're not a good kisser you'll lose points

Originally posted by iceisles

How does one know if they should kiss someone on a first date? Obviously you would only consider this if the date went well. Some girls don't kiss on first dates, while others don't mind at all. Guys, do you generally just go for it, or do you play it conservatively and hold off the kiss until the second date? I know there is a lot of gray area here, but I thought it would make for a good debate.

I kiss a guy on the first date if I want to and he's into me too. If it feels right, yeah, it's a cliche; but if it feels right, why not? It's just a kiss.

• Author

I spit on the first date swallow on the second! :laugh:

jkjkjkjkjomg jkjkjkj

That's ok. I don't drop my pants on the first date. I just don't wear any. Kissing kind of distracts the girl from that, though.

That's ok. I don't drop my pants on the first date. I just don't wear any. Kissing kind of distracts the girl from that, though
:lmao:
blind_otter

Ya just do it.

I mean, there is all the body language leading up to it. You are sitting across from each other. You move next to her. You touch legs sitting next to each other, lean in close to each other, laugh, start touching each other more when you are talking, hand on arm, hand on leg, she brushes the hair off your forehead or whatever, you compare hand size or she looks at your cuticles and says, wow what healthy nailbeds you have or whatever, she leans her head on you or whatever, you lean down and kiss her. Blah. There.

As you hang out, if she is into you and her body language indicates it, go for it.

I usually just jump on their back like a monkey and threaten to scratch their eyes out if I don't get some tongue. :laugh::p

brush up on you kissing skills cause if you're not a good kisser you'll lose points

I never understood why some guys can kiss so great my knees go weak, and others are so bad I can't continue kissing them. I'm guessing some of it has to do with the chemistry between two people, but what exactly makes for a bad kisser? And how to you help a guy brush up on his skills? Sometimes two mouths just don't fit right together...

blind_otter
Originally posted by Lonestar

I never understood why some guys can kiss so great my knees go weak, and others are so bad I can't continue kissing them. I'm guessing some of it has to do with the chemistry between two people, but what exactly makes for a bad kisser? And how to you help a guy brush up on his skills? Sometimes two mouths just don't fit right together...

I think the chemistry is either there or it isn't. Or he's really bad in bed and it's better to know before you're both butt-ass nekkid.

I spit on the first date swallow on the second! :laugh:

I swallow on the first, spit on all the rest.

It's called bait and switch, baby!

I swallow on the first, spit on all the rest.

It's called bait and switch, baby!

Hook them, then flip the script. lol Loving it! lmao

as for some mouths don't fit together..I know what you mean. I hate when your so excited for a kiss and then you get it and your like dammit JUST STOP! ugh its so disappointing.

Wow I haven't had a really good kiss in a while..*sigh* I want my knees to go weak.

When my bf comes down we kiss and stuff but its been a year so I really don't get that weak in the knee feeling...but I do get it when we kiss while making love. Those kisses are serious!

Originally posted by Lonestar

I never understood why some guys can kiss so great my knees go weak, and others are so bad I can't continue kissing them.

almost across the board women have told me I am great at kissing so I believe it. but for me it comes natural and i don't have to think about it. sorta like dancing. you either have it or you do not.

and it is usually men who are not good kissers or dancers. very few women don't know how to kiss or dance. maybe the 2 are related?

and LONESTAR, did you get permission to use my copyrighted material in your sig line?? :p:laugh:

I generally go after what I want so I'm the one that usually initiates sexual contact and for my own personal choices I do it whenever I feel like it.

whichwayisup

Go with the flow. You'll know if the first date kiss will happen pretty quickly. Sexual chemistry is sexual chemistry.

I go straight from kissing to f*cking.

Gosh, it's like bad wiring or something.

Originally posted by tiki

I go straight from kissing to f*cking.

Gosh, it's like bad wiring or something.

most women are like that TIKI. My experience has been that once the heavy kissing and petting starts it most likely ends up in the sack with bodily fluids being exchanged all over the place.

I can knock a woman senseless with sensual kissing for hours. I actully enjoy it a lot but the liips start to numb and lose sensation. By the end of this she is wetter than the english countryside. he he he.

I think you are right TIKI, the females mouth lips are wired to their pu$$y lips.

Fallen_Angel
Originally posted by alphamale

...the females mouth lips are wired to their pu$$y lips.

I think it's safe to say mine are. I once dated this guy who used to like to kiss for what felt like hours on end (in reality it was probably a half hour or something) and your analogy certainly proved true.

If it feels right, go for it! Although it does help if your date seems to want it too. The awkward okay-I'll-kiss-you-back-but-I'd-REALLY-rather-not isn't very flattering.