I think I've been ghosted.

slider1985

Hey, I’ve been on 6 dates with a girl over a 6 week period. We communicate every 2-3 days via phone or text msgs. Majority of the time I’m the one who initiates. We’ve slept together. Twice she stayed the night at my place and the last night she invited me over to her place. She’s always been very responsive. We spoke on the phone last Sunday and discussed getting together for drinks this week in fact she suggested it. We have great conversation, we enjoy each other company, and we’re both sexually attracted to each other.

I reached out via text on Wednesday asking her if she was interested in catching a baseball game this weekend. She didn’t respond. The next day I sent her a msg basically suggesting getting together for dinner if the baseball game wasn’t her thing. 4 days have gone by and still no response.

I have a gut feeling she’s not interested anymore. How do I proceed from here? It’s not the first time I’ve been ghosted and I realize we’ve haven’t dated that long but I didn’t expect this from her considering how things have been going. She’s always been very mature and respectful. I’m the type of guy that needs closure. A simple text saying “I’m just not feeling it anymore, we’re not a match” would be a lot better. This way I know for sure and I can move on without having to waste days thinking about what happened. Is she ok? Did she get run over by a bus?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

lilmissjava

She could be dead in a ditch.

If she hasn't woman'd up and told you outright she doesn't want to see you anymore, leave her there

:)

Just back off. If she reaches out to you soon then fine. It's possible she is multi dating and found a new interest or the ex came back, or the BF is back in town, etc. If she doesn't contact you and you see her being active on line, then she's not as mature as you thought.

• Like 1

Ghosting sucks - it shows a total lack or respect and the people doing it would be the first to complain if it happened to them. Sadly nothing you can do - you've already reached out and anymore will come across as desperate. Maintain some self respect and dignity and let this one go. Should she come to you, decide then if you want to be with someone who only contacts you when she feels like it. I know it's easier said then done to walk away from something you feel is good (been there very recently) but you can't spend your time chasing someone who doesn't want to be caught.

• Like 4

IMO when you only see someone once a week, and text/call every 2 to 3 days with you initiating majority of the time, is not of someone who is that interested in pursuing anything serious.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me, dating this lovely guy for 6 weeks...phone call and text messages every day. Yet after our last date, which didn't go that well I admit he just ghosted me. Ignored my phone calls, text message.

I don't blame people for ghosting after the first few dates but you think they have the balls to contact you after you been together for a length of time.

All I can say is we had an lucky escape, people like this obviously can not deal with confrontation well and are runners.

• Author

I hear ya. I have to admit I’m pretty down about it. I know she was active online a week ago which is fair game as we’re both casually dating however we never discussed it and we don’t we owe each other anything so early in the game. That said, it also wasn’t a date or two or a one night stand so the least she could do is fire off a simple text mg but I realize everyone handles things differently.

Online dating has really changed peoples dating etiquette. It’s making it a lot harder for people to stay committed and give things a chance.

I haven’t called her yet but I feel the need to do so eventually. I realize the silence is a msg but I just have to do it for closure so I’m not sitting around thinking about it. I don’t need to know why because most of the time they won’t tell you the truth anyway.

I’m surprised and not. People are unpredictable you really don’t know someone until several months into a relationship but this one puzzles me. She is an HR manager and admitted that she is used to firing or laying off employees and it doesn't phase her. She is very direct and thick skinned, tells it like it is no BS. She also mentioned that she's dated a lot of attractive successful men that have lied to her in order to get in her pants. She's a bit guarded. With me the intimacy just happened quickly. I guess I misread her.

I have to admit this sucks!

I just posted on this very issue.

I agree with the above posters, it is absolutely rude for someone to do this! And immature!

The guy who's currently ghosting me literally got all the ego boost from me and reassured me that this "wasnt a fling" but I guess it turned out otherwise..

I feel so stupid because I made out with him on several occasions and sent him some racey pictures. I feel so disgusted with myself.

I am however keeping a papertrail of all the d*** picks he sent me incase he wants to try anything stupid :o

I just posted on this very issue.

I agree with the above posters, it is absolutely rude for someone to do this! And immature!

The guy who's currently ghosting me literally got all the ego boost from me and reassured me that this "wasnt a fling" but I guess it turned out otherwise..

I feel so stupid because I made out with him on several occasions and sent him some racey pictures. I feel so disgusted with myself.

I am however keeping a papertrail of all the d*** picks he sent me incase he wants to try anything stupid :o

That made me giggle a bit. Why do guys send d*** picks anyway? Seems like its the norm now. One time I was having lunch with my sister and the guy I was a FWB with, without me understanding thats what we were at the time, text me. I check it and there it is in all its glory. I almost choked on my food. He did this all the time at the worst times. He had a nice one, but man come on!

But if you are sending racey picts to men, make sure you never send one with your face in it. LOL That is the reason I don't do it, you never know where those pictures will end up.

• Like 2