How can I save my relationship when we never see each other because of work

Sweetgal86

Me and my boyfriend currently broke up because I work 2nd shift and he works 1st. We only get to see each other once or twice a week if lucky. He told me that somedays he has a bad day and just wants to see me :( .

I've never been in a serious relationship but this time I know that it could turn into one if only we got to see each other. I love this boy to death and I really think he's "the one" :love: . He treats me so good when were together. We recently got through some tough times when I told him some personal stuff about myself. We made it through a fight and all the other stuff.

I saw him last night and he really wants to be with me and I really want to be with him. But I just don't know how it will work. We've both been thinking for a while about what to do. The only things I can think of are for me to get a new job or for us to live together.

I have a really good job right now and it's hard to find a new job right away. I really want to be with him though and I do love him a lot.

The thing about living together too is it's expensive to move away from home and by the time I get home he'd already be sleeping and all. Plus he told me he wants to wait a little longer to move out of his house. And when he does move out he wants to get a house. He does have the money and it makes more sense to buy a house then rent an apartment if you have the money.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on how I can save my relationship. I can only think of those 2. I want us to get back together but we have to figure this out first. Are any of my 2 ideas good? Or is there anything else I can do to make it work :confused: ?

Anything will help! Thanks, Sweetgal86

If you're both too busy working to pay to live together, it's not worth it. You or him have to change your routine, it's impossible, you need to arrange some time to be together. I think there's a period in everyone's life when singles are way too busy for a relationship and I think you're in THAT period and you're afraid of being left alone.

I honestly think you're infatuated. If you don't see him much, it can't be love. I think you're afraid of not having anyone.

You need to speak to him MORE!!!

Maybe you could meet him on your lunch breaks or something like that. I would try to get a daytime job too. I used to work 2nd shift. It really sucked. It got to the point where I figured I'd rather make less money and have more of a social life.

simplybrill

I definitely know where you're coming from, and I'm in the same delimma myself. I think my bf and I are on the way to breaking up, because we never have time to see each other.

I've been trying to make more time, after working 9 hrs a day MWF, to see him on one of those days after work. We used to just see each other for like 2 hrs at a time, tuesday or thursday on my lunch hour. And that wasnt enough for him, he said...so Im trying to see where I can "fit him in", not to be cliche. It's really hard on him, but its really hard on me too, with school and work and assignments to make this all work. Especially since he's JUST working and not in school.

I know, its so hard to have to buck up and realize that you may just not have the time for him right now, especially after the two of you have gotten pretty close in the time you have spent together. I definitely wouldnt quit your job, if its really hard to get jobs, where you are right now. You have to put yourself first, because:

A) you're not married to this guy, chica. and

B) he needs to be doing some of the legwork here too and figure out ways that you guys can be together more. It shouldnt be all up to you! :)

Good luck, and keep us posted! :bunny: