Okay, I'm doing it. I think it's time.

Popsicle

I'm going on the online dating site. I spend too much time thinking about men who don't want me and I need a man! Wish me luck. *sigh*

Will report back in this thread with stories. :)

• Like 14
  • Author
I'm sure the "I need a man" attitude should fair you well. Good luck.

Is that sarcasm? I was just talking....

• Like 1

Good Luck Pops.

Remember - if you feel uncomfortable at any point just back off. Do not do anything you do not want to.

Chin up chook. You are in for a rough ride but I shall keep my fingers crossed that it is worth it!

• Like 4
Is that sarcasm? I was just talking....

Not sarcasm, more a nod to having the right attitude - knowing what you want and going out there to take hold of it with both hands... erm... I know what I said!

• Like 1

My husband and I were looking for a coworker on one of those sites....we got distracted and started looking at pic and profiles.....I have one word, pathetic. I was so surprised at the lack of effort from the guys. Such horrible photos! lol It's no wonder it's like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your journey. Best of luck to you!

• Like 1
Repeat after me:

"I'm gonna get me a really awesome man."

Then go out and get one.

Have fun.

Corrected it for you Satu! :love:

• Like 1

Good luck girl !

Remember it's a job that will take time ! Have fun doing it, and don't take anything too seriously at first.

I know plenty of people that have met their wife/husband online and are happy couples. I didn't give up when everyone around told me forget about it, finally I met someone above all my expectations!

Good luck and looking forward to read you!

• Like 1
LivingDeadGrl
My husband and I were looking for a coworker on one of those sites....we got distracted and started looking at pic and profiles.....I have one word, pathetic. I was so surprised at the lack of effort from the guys. Such horrible photos! lol It's no wonder it's like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your journey. Best of luck to you!

Haha this is so true! All I can do is SMH at some of their photos. Some of them clearly need advice. If it wouldn't come off as mean or rude, I'd give it to them.

Good luck OP! Hope you find someone decent :)

• Like 1
Got asked out by a cute guy tonight but I'm not ready, my hair is a mess today! What do I say?

Tell him your hair's a mess, then suggest a different night when your hair won't be as messy.

• Like 2
  • Author
Tell him your hair's a mess, then suggest a different night when your hair won't be as messy.

Okay.

Popsicle

Got asked out by a cute guy tonight but I'm not ready, my hair is a mess today! What do I say?

You say yes please and go.

You do not worry about your hair because you go with the attitude that you are checking him out to see if he is good enough for you... Who cares if you are good enough for him. We all already KNOW you are...

Have fun :D

• Like 5

Ignore this

Okay.

Popsicle

No. Not OK

See my response...

When you have met and he has proven himself to be worthy of your bother then you can mess about.

• Like 5
we got distracted and started looking at pic and profiles.....I have one word, pathetic. I was so surprised at the lack of effort from the guys.

Yes the stature of those who participate are quickly sliding in the toilet.

I'm happy not to have had to participate in OLD for going on a couple of months...

Good Luck Pop!

You know OLD is so screwed up these days the one thing that does for guys like me (who are currently in good relationships) we don’t take things for granted and we work hard not to screw things up! :D

The long I can stay away the happier I will be.

• Like 2
Ignore this

No. Not OK

See my response...

When you have met and he has proven himself to be worthy of your bother then you can mess about.

Nah. Smudge21 is right.

She should put her best foot forward also. Just as she's checking him out, he's checking her out too. I wouldn't assume the critique will be one-sided or that a good man will not notice a woman not caring about her appearance the first time she meets him.

• Like 2

Yes ignore me... go with messy hair and see it as a chance to check him out. Jump in feet first rather than just dipping your toe. You started this thread with a gung-ho attitude, so don't stop now.

• Like 1
Nah. Smudge21 is right.

She should put her best foot forward also. Just as she's checking him out, he's checking her out too. I wouldn't assume the critique will be one-sided or that a good man will not notice a woman not caring about her appearance the first time she meets him.

I changed my mind - I fear if she starts having doubts now, then she may back off and fail to take the bull by he horns. Besides, how long does it take to un-mess hair?

• Like 2
I changed my mind - I fear if she starts having doubts now, then she may back off and fail to take the bull by he horns. Besides, how long does it take to un-mess hair?

Exactly...

• Like 1