"Our first Date on Friday and no phone calls since then"

opentonewadvice

opentonewadvice

Well i really need some help here right now, basically somone to lay down some true advice. here is the situation i went on a first date with this guy i had been talking to for a little while. We went back to his place watched a few movies iam not going to lie the movies were a drag. and i was still a little nervous me meeting him on a actual first date and all. so we were both sitting there pretty quiet so then he starts to fall asleep and me as well so we lied down on his bed together .

no nudity involved at all just lying next together. then he started to kind of move in close behind me a little cuddling going on so forth. But nothing serious and i felt weird like i did not know what to think. Ok so of course i wake up it is the next morning iam like ok time to go. he looks at me like oh you are ready to leave so we go. He asks me what am i doing later and so forth drops me off and then i never hear back from him and that was on a Friday. this is now Tuesday and iam just wondering what went wrong or if he is just simply not interested i really need some advice.

I did text message him to say hi and happy v-day. he did text me back but i still cannot help but feel at a lost for words because he still has not atleast given me a phone call. so i really feel stupid for even texing him the other day now. Iam guessing maybe i got the boot. but iam wondering why even cuddle against me during the night wanting me around to the next morning if you are not attracted to someone so iam just trying to figure out what went wrong...I really need some help out there please anyone help!!!

Very, very early to know. You don't know if you have a relationship or not, to be honest. The cuddling is great, but intimacy of any kind isn't truly validated unless it's something built over time.

The phone works both ways too. Ask him what he's up to, invite him out. Listen to what he says and you'll soon know if he's into you.

Cuddling is great. But you don't know his emotional plans.... Don't worry. I don't think you did anything wrong.

you think he was looking for sex or a one niter???

i would not call him if i were u but wait for him to contact you. give it a wk to 10 days and if he does not call then move on.

bluechocolate

meeting him on a actual first date and all. so we were both sitting there pretty quiet so then he starts to fall asleep and me as well so we lied down on his bed together .

What?? This guy starts to fall asleep on you on a first date?? He's really out to impress. :rolleyes:

(even if it was some little "trick" - it's very lame)

Who cares if he doesn't call you again? Count yourself lucky. And if he does call, be very busy for a very long time.

• Author
opentonewadvice

I would like to thank the both of you for your advice. i really can relate to the both of your advice to me. and iam going to try the not calling back thing for a couple daYS AND THEN IF I DO NOT HEAR ANYTHING I WILL GO AHEAD AND GIVE HIM A CALL AND JUST BE STRAIGHT FORWARD THEN. AND SIMPLY ASK HIM DID I DO ANYTHING WRONG OR IF HE WAS JUST INTERESTED IN A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP ONLY. hOPEFULLY I CAN GET THOSE ANSWERS SOON.

BECAUSE THIS HAS BEEN EATING ME UP. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN DISSED. wELL IF THERE IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WITH OTHER HELPFUL ADVICE IAM STILL OPEN THANKS!

If a guy fell asleep on my on a first date...I would never date him again.

I remember a guy who fell asleep on me on the phone, before I met him...(he said he was drinkjing too much, and passed out) Well I never went on a date with him after that. Yeah, I guess I hold grudges... :D

Originally posted by BoatingBabe

Aw heck yeah! Falling asleep says 'you're boring as hell and I can't keep my eyes open and I don't want to drive you home. OOOH ! A soft warm body, c'mere'.

By all means live your life, date, call him or don't call him, whatever but don't alter the course of your life for this guy--he might call you again for some more snuggling but if he was interested in seeing you again he'd have called by now.

Originally posted by BoatingBabe

I remember a guy who fell asleep

well let's not be too quick to judge here. i mean she needs to find a valid reason. maybe he worked 12 hrs that day or he has that medical prob where people just fall asleep for no reason (narcolepsy??). maybe he had a term paper due that afternoon and did not sleep all nite?

If you went out on Friday , give him 5 days to call you back, if he does NOT call you after 5 days , then you can safely assume he is not interested in persuing anything further.

If you have texted him or called him after the date Simply say " I had a nice time thank you " If he does NOT call you then , well there is your answer.

Happens everyday and it can save you alot of wondering if he was hit by a school bus or every other imaginable thing that may have happened to him....

The falling asleep, to be honest , unless it was a dull movie ( confirmed ) you guys should have turned the movie off and found something else to do .

He fell asleep. Thats not good but there are worse things he could have done.

I say ( despite the falling asleep ...ouch ) 5 days .....if he is thinking how wonderful you are he will be on that phone( should have been by now ) ...He may have his own protocal and not call for one week.

I wouldn't worry as much about falling asleep as everyone else did. You were back at his place all comfy on the couch. And you said you watched a few movies, so if its like 1-3 in the morning and I was up at 7AM that morning and I've just been sitting there watching movies for the past few hours I think just about anyone would be falling asleep. Its not like you went out to dinner and he passed out on the table before dessert.

If its bothering you I think you should call him and ask him to hang out, if he says no or gives you some flimsy excuse then you have your answer right there. Everyone always says to wait for him to make the next move, but if you're sitting around losing sleep over it I say screw it, take the initiative and get your answer when you want it.