Girl who ignored me is now suddenly calling and texting a lot

Kaiten

There was a girl that I really liked that I worked with named Hannah. At first, Hannah seemed really into me, hugging me all the time, calling and texting me. She appeared to like me.

Then I began voicing my opinions about how managers at work could do a way better job than what they were doing. Hannah's thoughts were that I simply took my job too seriously. I disagreed.

She and I stopped talking for a time. She seemed turned off at how much energy I put into work. For weeks she didn't speak to me or hug me at all. She began talking to all the other guys a lot more.

At one point, she tried reconnecting with me. At that point I began to actually like Hannah. But when I told her, she said she didn't feel the same but that we could be friends, but then also said she wasn't sure about me, and that I wasn't entirely in the "friend-zone".

Then things changed. Ever since I told her I liked her, she almost completely ignored me. I would be talking to her, and she would be completely uninterested, would hardly respond (this is IN PERSON, not by text or phone). Just completely listless toward me. I would approach her and try to talk, and she'd walk away and strike up a conversation with someone else. The only time she ever speaks is if there is absolutely no one else around and she doesn't have her phone in hand.

I abruptly left that job to pursue something different career-wise. Now, in the last two days, I have 8 missed calls and several texts from her ("Call me when you get a chance" etc).

What could she possibly want?

Attention or information about you to share with the collegues at your earlier place of employment

I would be very careful. I'm recently in the process of switching companies, and I can tell you one thing-the company I use to work for wants to know exactly why I left, where I'm going, and from other people that left my company they basically have been telling me they try to corner you into saying something stupid about your former work place incase the new company contacts them to ask if you're "hirable".

That might not be it, but watch what you say...you wouldn't want her talking bad about you. Don't burn bridges. I doubt it's anything romantic based on what you said. Just my opinion...I could be completely off though

scooby-philly

I think in both cases, ignore.

The behavior you mentioned makes it seem like you are both young. In her case, the manner in which she ignored you is childish so professionally, it's not worth it - the new company could be looking to see how you act, the old company may want to know what to do to bring you back, or she may just want to share dirt. Doesn't matter - you left.

On the personal side of things - she ignored you. So she's now either remorseful about how she acted or she's now intrigued because you left. Either way, I'd leave it alone. If she liked you enough to begin with & was mature she wouldn't have acted that way to begin with. if she only likes you now because you left and she now doesn't have that "feeling" - knowing you like her but she won't give in - then tough. Nothing better than knowing you could have gotten one and chose not to.