Run away, come back, run away, come back...

Adrian Jass

Hi guys!

I met a sweet girl, it clicked right away and the chemistry was amazing. Problem was... she had a boyfriend. We spoke and hung out a bit that night I met her and it was fantastic!! Nothing happened. I went home DREAMING about her and wishing that I could date her someday.

Two weeks later I find out that she broke up with her boyfriend. They were exclusive for a month when I met her. We start texting and she tells me she realized she didn't have feelings for her boyfriend after meeting me. I'm like woooooah, OMG!!! We start dating.

After a month of getting to know each other and passionate hooking up, she gives me the "I'm not ready for a relationship" line, so I tell her we should take it slow. Next time I see her she gives me the "let's just be friends" speech, tells me she misses her friendship with her ex, because he's been ignoring her since the break up, so I call it off! She's sad and heartbroken. I can honestly say I saw it coming because she started being distant and aloof.

Five weeks of No Contact, she reaches out to my gay brother, who she became friends with when me and her dated. She says she wants to come over because she's got a photo shoot (yeah, she aspires to be a model) and he's a make-up artist. When she's at our house, it becomes CLEAR to me that it wasn't about the photo shoot at all. She sits and flirts and sends me ALL THE SIGNALS. She's into me again!!! Positive and happy and laughs at all I say. I invite her out on the spot.

A couple of days later we're out having coffee and she seems interest like N E V E R before. After the date we text every day and it's all good again... until she suddenly stops responding out of the blue. I call and ask her out a couple of days later. Now she's distant again. I ask her what's up and she tells me she doesn't have feelings for me. It comes as quite a surprise because she came back and seemed more interested than ever before. We again decide to end things...

My brother has talked to her since and says she misses me and is sad.

What's going on? Am I doing something wrong? It's the SECOND time and it's almost identical as the first time. I want to be with her but it's as if she runs away every time.

She's 18 and I'm 21 btw.

Edited by Adrian Jass

She seems to be hot and cold. (Doesn't understand her own feelings and is prone to being strongly affected by them and so doesn't know how to behave toward anyone w/any consistency.)

My subjective guess tho is that she's playing you against the ex to see who comes out on top.

• Like 1
  • Author
She seems to be hot and cold. (Doesn't understand her own feelings and is prone to being strongly affected by them and so doesn't know how to behave toward anyone w/any consistency.)

My subjective guess tho is that she's playing you against the ex to see who comes out on top.

Well that sucks! But what should I do in order to maintain her level of interest? I cut all contact and it obviously made her mad, so now I'm wondering what to do?

And did I do the right thing at all?

mortensorchid

She's back and forth because she's unsure of herself. Someday she will be sure of herself, and that sureness will be to end it with you and move on. I've seen it once too many times among both men and women in your situation. Keep looking elsewhere.