Will I hear back after FaceTime?

Girlwithquestions

Girlwithquestions

I met a guy online, unfortunately due to culture issues, I don't always have the option to meet people locally. If it worked out, one of us would relocate.

Anyway we emailed a few times, moved to text and then the other day, he asked to FaceTime since we lived in different states. So we Facetimed last night, pretty late when we both got back from being out. I felt like it was fine, but I never know anymore. :-/ the connection was glitchy so after 15 mins we just regular phone called for about an hour. It seemed fun and fine to me. At like 1am, he kinda abruptly said he had to go because he had his brother coming over and just arrived. So I said okay etc. He texted after hanging up saying sorry and that he had a nice time chatting with me. It's been all day today and I haven't heard anything from him, I'm wondering if it's over between us? Will I ever hear from him again?

I know meeting people in person is easier and much better and when I can set locally, I try that way. But since I can't, long distance is how it's gone in my culture. lately I feel like I just get rejected so much. Guys will initially start talking to me bc maybe they like my picture, but I don't get it because after a bit, I get ignored. And I don't mean to be vain, but I'm not weird or mean or boring, I have friends etc, I'm fairly normal I think. Sometimes I get carried away maybe and get silly but i don't know why I'm always getting rejected. So self esteem destroying. :-/

Anyway I'm wondering should I tuck him away as someone I won't hear from and move on? I mean I'm thinking he just met someone else online since I see him frequent the site now often. What do you all think? Thanks.

Edited by Girlwithquestions
mystikmind2005

Well, attitude and vibe can be the most attractive attribute for both men and women.

if your self esteem is low, then your general vibe won't be good, sorry, that's just how human beings work, so guys are going to be exiting left right and centre!

Perhaps try dating less attractive guys for a little while just to give yourself some confidence and recovery time?

• Like 1

You're not in a relationship. You're not boyfriend and girlfriend. Doesn't sound like you've even met so you don't know if there's chemistry or whether you're compatible. Move on.

• Author
Girlwithquestions

Yeah I wish I could meet someone locally but like I said I live in a small town and with cultural restrictions etc it's not always possible.

Yeah maybe my lack of confidence Or excitement shows throug. Funny thing is he wasn't that attractive at all, I kept forcing myself to give him a chance because he had a good personality. oh well, guess he's not the one. Thanks guys

mystikmind2005
Yeah I wish I could meet someone locally but like I said I live in a small town and with cultural restrictions etc it's not always possible.

Yeah maybe my lack of confidence Or excitement shows throug. Funny thing is he wasn't that attractive at all, I kept forcing myself to give him a chance because he had a good personality. oh well, guess he's not the one. Thanks guys

"i kept forcing myself"

huh? well gee, that's half the problem right there! It is when you have to force yourself to hold back that you know you are on to something good! :)