Guy coming on strong

adiamond

Hi, so I've been on one coffee date with this guy. I was wondering what you guys think because I've never been with a guy whose come on this strong to me before. Before the date, we texted a little and he told me he liked me (we haven't met yet). The date went nice like a 2 hour coffee date. He also asks me to go on another date the next week and I said sure. He walked me home I gave him a hug after. He texts me like 5 mins after the date how happy he is and I sent him a picture of my dinner and he jokingly said "please don't make me fall for you ;) ) He does the good morning, good night almost everyday and calls me cutie and sweetie. He was also born in India and has only been in the States for the past 4 years. His english is really good. Are any of these red flags to you guys. I don't mind it but he's coming on strong and I have no experience with this. Should I date another person too? I feel kinda like a jerk if I would date someone else if he likes me that much...

What you're experiencing here are cultural differences. Has he dated much since he's been in the US? What about while he lived in India?

I'm interested to hear his dating history, too, though I would not necessarily chalk it up to culture differences right away. There isn't really a Western dating culture in India, so unless he's dated a lot in the last four years, I'm guessing he's pretty inexperienced (just guessing; my ex is Indian).

It could be that yes he likes you and that he's the type to come on strong. It could also be that he thinks this is what he's supposed to do when he meets a girl he likes. That being said, my ex was never so exuberant (again, that's why I question the cultural difference assertion).

I would be uncomfortable with comments like "don't make me fall in love with me," and in fact it's things like that that would make me keep looking for others to date. Remember OP, you're not responsible for his emotions. You're not in a committed relationship, so you're free to do as you wish. It doesn't matter how much he likes you, that doesn't mean you need to lock yourself up for him, especially if you're not feeling it to the same degree.

• Author
What you're experiencing here are cultural differences. Has he dated much since he's been in the US? What about while he lived in India?

I think he has had maybe 3 girlfriends? We didn't go into detail about our past dating history but I think he has dated a few girls before. We talked a little about stories and he says he has "chased" two girls back in day and his parents told him he was going to regret it. I think he might have dated a girl while in the US as well but not 100% sure. He also travels quite a lot. All around the world and his family seems like they have money.

Edited by adiamond

There are 2 possibilities and only time will tell which one is correct.

Possibility no 1: he is inexperienced / more straightforward, honest sort of guy

The truth is: Interested men will act interested. That is a fact. They will be nice, considerate and consistent !

Possibility no 2: he is very experienced and knows women like attention

If indeed he is well off and well traveled, chances are he has met quite a few women by now and knows how stuff works. I said "women" not girlfriends.

Men who come on strongly usually disappear just as fast, so be ready for that.

Experienced guys will try to make girls feel responsible for their feelings and will try to manipulate them slightly... to get what they want - usually sex.

So, my opinion is: cross your fingers and date him. Watch out for consistency. Wait. Do stuff on dates. Don't sleep with him. If he's into casual sex, chances are he'll disappear after the 3rd of 4th date - or second week.

oh, and also, enjoy, it's nice to be courted by a guy who's not shy of showing interest !

Hard to say.....don't know enough here.

Before saying about him being foreign born I'd say he could be a player but it could be cultural differences

Someone echo is genuine in interest and being honest and straightforward vs do ronie who is a player could be hard to tell.