Bumped into an Ex

towardthefuture

towardthefuture

Bumped into one of my exes today. Haven't spoken in several months. The breakup was.... annoying. It was the fade (she faded), then 3 weeks like sent me some out of the blue text like "Do you want your vacuum cleaner back?"

Anyway, after that it's been a few months, I just bumped into her. I had bumped into her before and kind of ignored her/cold shouldered her. This time I'm a lot more moved on so I said hi and we had a cordial, friendly, short conversation. I told her I was up for a promotion and that I fixed up my place (one of her criticisms of me, my place was like.... pretty much put together like a temporary living space, zero nesting). She seemed intrigued, but more the vibe I got was she felt relieved of guilt to know I didn't hate her/give her the cold shoulder.

I pulled a "okay I've got uh, other stuff to do now" and she tried to extend the conversation but I left anyway.

I don't know how I feel about this conversation. It felt a little good because she was more interested in talking to me than I was to her but it also left a bad taste in my mouth because I think she mostly was happy I had moved on and didn't have to feel so potentially guilty anymore.

Either way I hope it doesn't happen again. I'd like to date this particular girl again so I'm not sure this was a great thing to have happened in that respect.

Is this typical of ex encounters? I never ran into ex's before, they just kind of disappeared into the wilderness never to be seen again.

Your experience is rather similar to a few of mine. I've run into one or two ex's and they always seem much more eager to talk after that period of NC. I don't go for it though. I just act polite and remove myself from the situation because it does no good. I wouldn't put too much thought into it. Just continue doing your thing. TBH she sounds like a coward for just ghosting on you. Not sure why you'd want to date someone who thought that kind of thing is okay. I think we all deserve a little more respect than that.

There can be animosity I suppose but in my cases the ex's I've met later on have always been fairly cool.

Sounds like you're still interested in her. Personally I wouldn't bother seeing as she wasn't that interested in you in the first instance.