He Never Invited Me to X-Mas Dinner...

Valley

OK. So here's an update on my last posting "He Still Hasn't Invied Me to X-MAs."

He never did. I ended up inviting him to my friends for dinner where I was making an amazing dinner for family and friends. Dinner started at 4:00 and he showed up at 8:30PM. Oh and tomake things even better, he gave me a Mans Sports Watch (from WalMArt w/ price tag still attached). Now, if you knew me you'd klnow that I am far from being materialistic however, if he really loved me and payed attention to me and who I am, he'd know that that was the last thing in the world that I wanted. Note: He gave me an al;most identical watch in July (at least it was for a woman). Oh and the present was wrapped in x-mas paper but the tape was 'duct tape." No card, no effort or thought whatsoever.

Long story short, I tried dumping him yesterday and he told me that I was making a very big mistake and that this shold not be the deal breaker. I din't mentinon the crappy gift but was very hurt and upset that he didn't even show up to my dinner. Especially after the Thanksgiving event. Remember, at the last minute as I was walking out the door, he told me that the ex-wife was going to be there and that he didn't want an conflict, so it was best that I didn't go???? That was when he told me he'd make it up to me during x-mas and that it would never happen again. Whatever...I opened up to him and told him that I deserve better and that I'm just on a completely different level then him. He convinced me to hang around a bit more, but let me tell you, you either crap in the pot or GET OFF.

Advie please????

I say you did the right thing but ditching him. You need to stick to your guns...you've been with him more than two years (if I'm remembering right) and that is the sh*t gift he bought you?

Sorry but I think you deserve much better, he's an ass and you need to find someone to appreciate you and at least make more of an effort to be with you.

I'm not familiar with your previous posts on this dingdong but from what you've posted here, he's a deadbeat.

If he didn't have the decency to invite you for Xmas, you shouldn't have invited him - sending him a loud and clear message that it doesn't matter if he treats you like crap, you'll still cater to him.

The fact that he was 4.5 hrs late for dinner, that is unacceptable. What was his excuse for being so rude and ungrateful?

The issue of the gift, sounds to me like it was a watch someone had given HIM and he didn't make the time to get you something so he wrapped up his own watch. How thoughtful...and yes, it's not about what it was...it's the whole package...the lack of thought put into it.

Him telling you that you're making a big mistake is laughable.

You shouldn't even be asking what to do here, you should be making tracks and standing up for yourself and commanding respect and not being willing to settle for less. What advice would you give to a friend who was in this same situation?

End it. You'd be making the biggest mistake of your life by staying with him. He treats you like a second class girlfriend. If that's all you want to be then stay in the relationship. If you want what you deserve then leave it.

• Author

I would be saying the exact same thing to any of my friends. Yo are absolutly right. Do you think I should mentian that 1/2 ass gift he gave me? FYI: I got him 2 sweater, 1 pair of jeans, 1 really NICE dress shirt, Blazing Saddles DVD and a flannel sheet set. Boy am I a sucker or what!

If he's not been treating you well, why did you buy him all that to begin with?

As for the men's watch he gave you, what I'd do is.......wrap it back up, use lotsa duct tape (or electrical tape, for variety lol).......stick it in his mailbox and leave a note inside telling him the last time you checked you didn't have balls and a penis so you don't really need a "MEN'S" watch, nor do you need a schmuck like him......then cut off all contact.

What age is he? How long have you been together?

Again, what was his reason for being so late to your dinner? Seems obvious to me he was 'somewhere else' first (for dinner)..so where was he?

• Author

LOL! Hilarious! Anyway, he a forty year old, divorced with one child, man. We've been going out for 1 1/2 yrs. I can't do that to him. Although it would be hilarious. He was at his parents and was expecting to be out of there by 4:00. However, his cousins where late, and therefore it delayed everything.

He treats you like ****. Just end the freaking relationship. At this point you're responsible for the way he treats you because you're allowing it. Walk away.

I had to use that green masking paint tape to wrap one present cause I ran out but I did it tastefully as possible

I'll just be repeating what's already been said but DUMP THE TURD. Gifts don't have to be expensive, just thoughtful.

Oh, do the watch in the mailbox thing...come on!!! It made me laugh, the least you can do is give him a snort as he realizes the best woman in his life has just walked out of it. You're not a sucker, you're just a kindhearted, generous, loving person who wised up about 5 minutes ago....

However, his cousins where late, and therefore it delayed everything.

Oh yes, heaven forbid that he should put the firm plans with the love of his life over the tardy cousins. Great decision making there... :sick:

Originally posted by Roxana

Oh yes, heaven forbid that he should put the firm plans with the love of his life over the tardy cousins. Great decision making there... :sick:

Unless she just didn't mention it, it doesn't even sound like he had the DECENCY to phone her between the time she was expecting him, and the time he arrived there, to let her know a) he'd be late b) apologize for same c) why he'd be late.....sounds like he just showed up late and didn't even "get it."

clandestinidad

I posted on your other topic before and I canNOT resist this one...

All I can say is WHAT THE FU@K!??!?!?!?![size=0]

I am literally sitting here pissed off!!!!! I cant believe that!!

How DARE he brush you off like that for Thanksgiving, then Christmas w/ his family, and then YOUR OWN Christmas dinner!!!!!! 4.5 hours late b/c of his precious cousins, no call about anything...and no thought into your gift when you've been together 2 fu@king years!! And he's 40 for god's sake!!!!

what a loser! everyone else is more important to him than you obviously....including himself which is evidenced by his reaction to you trying to break up w/ him

making a very big mistake and that this shold not be the deal breaker.

b/c he apparently didnt seem sad or tell you anything that indicates how much someone loves them!!! He doesnt think this should be the deal breaker b/c he's not the one breaking up...he doesnt want to be dumped.

Can you tell us if he said ANYTHING sweet or loving or seem sorry?!?!!

You know what...nevermind...it doesnt even matter! He's s*** and deserves to be with someone who's s*** just like him. You obviously have a LOT to give someone. You need to give it all to someone who loves you and will give it in return!!!! You know how people usually get worse the longer youre with them? God, can you imagine being married to this ass?!?! Get rid of the trash

clandestinidad

About the gifts you gave him...hell, ask for them back and return them when you break up with him. Hopefully you saved the reciepts and can get the money back. If not, you'll at least get some of it back. He doesnt deserve those things you gave him! You could even give them to Good Samaritans or some place like that.....they deserve it more then he does! There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking them away from him.

As for the watch....take it back to walmart, say you bought it and want to return it, get store credit for it and buy something else. I suggest food, or something perishable so that it wont still be around in a few months or even longer.