Can you be TOO fussy?

yxalitis

As I performed my last glance through the search results on oasis before I closed my profile, I noticed this one profile particular profile that has always stood out for me.

The lady is, according to her profile, one of life’s winners.

She’s a kick-boxer, fitness crazy, with an awesome body she has no problem showing in multiple photos where she doesn’t smile...at all.

She boasts about her 6 pack…and has one to show!

She has an amazing career, and has travelled the world, visiting 80+ countries.

Trekked to Everest base camp, Swam in Antarctica…

She is intelligent, articulate, wealthy, good looking, and….alone.

She regularly checks her profile, maybe once/twice a week (She always comes up in my search, and I always check out of interest.

Her last line is (paraphrasing here) “Do I ask for too much in a man? Perhaps. I did not get to where I am by compromising.”

Here’s the thing, that profile has been like that for OVER TWO YEARS! I noticed her (who wouldn’t’) when I first started using Oasis in 2013.

Is this a case of “too fussy”?

casey.lives

some men might like that. i've actually met plenty of guys who want that AND.. CAN deliver. i think she should take that quote out and not say anything at all. let the information do the talking.

• Like 1
  • Author
some men might like that. i've actually met plenty of guys who want that AND.. CAN deliver. i think she should take that quote out and not say anything at all. let the information do the talking.

Apparently they aren't delivering to her...!

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

That's just the thing... The more you have to offer the harder it is to find a guy that will come even close to offering the same. Why should she settle for some loser... Plus the more you have going on in your life the less your happiness depends on being in a relationship.

• Like 3

Swam in Antarctica, huh? That does sound impressive.

But here's the thing with some online profiles. Some people who are extremely vain just put them out there because they find it to be "heady" to make other girls jealous and/or take make guys feel inadequate because she is "so amazing". She probably has no intention on dating anyone from the site. She just wants to be noticed. She looks for attention in the real world and online; she's addicted.

This goes for guys too.

Would love to take a peek of her profile. I want to see what this woman's interpretation of "perfection" is.

• Like 1
The more you have to offer the harder it is to find a guy that will come even close to offering the same. Why should she settle for some loser...

This x100

Plus the more you have going on in your life the less your happiness depends on being in a relationship.

Also true.

After I divorced my first husband I set the bar high. Friends said "you'll never find anyone you're too fussy".

My response was that I deserved a relationship where I was treated with respect, love and equality. No-one should live their life in fear of angering their partner, or skirting round issues that might upset him. Or put up with cheating and lying for fear of rocking the boat. Most people have happy relationships, where disagreements happen and are resolved without resorting to shouting, name calling or violence or screwing someone else - and that's what I deserved. And I would accept nothing less.

Being single was preferable to compromising what I wanted. My self-worth was not dependent on being with a man.

It took me a long time to find my second husband - but it was worth the wait.:)

• Like 1
  • Author

Not quite the same thing...

You wanted a relationship where you were treated well, she wants Dwayne Johnstone.

Seriously, she referred to him as an example!

“Do I ask for too much in a man?

But you never said anything in your OP of what she wants in a man. You only described what she is herself....

• Like 1

Here’s the thing, that profile has been like that for OVER TWO YEARS! I noticed her (who wouldn’t’) when I first started using Oasis in 2013.

Is this a case of “too fussy”?

YOU are assuming she never found anyone, but she may have been out with, dated and had a relationship or relationships in that time, but never took down her profile or took down her profile for periods during that time.

Some women do not NEED men and so they will not compromise their standards just to have a man, and if that means being single for weeks, months, years, then so be it.

Some men it appears seem to have difficulty processing that info.

I also guess some men will also pass her by, in favour of a more passive, submissive woman.

Many men like to be the bright "star" in the relationship and those men want to have their woman in the supporting role.

He leads, she follows on with the tent, the donkeys and the baggage...

In her case, men would most likely have to let her be the "star", she leads and they follow, and so for some men, they know that that would be unacceptable for them long term, so do not want to go there.

So far from being TOO fussy, she is maybe not getting many serious offers.

• Like 3

I just want instant sparks and chemistry with a kind seeming guy who I love being around.

I got it. The amazing wild attraction and a person who I click with so far !

And if didn't work out I'll find it again.

A few men have called me too fussy ! They tried to urge me to give them a go and date then they told me I can tell expect to feel giddy and excited about a man initially or at all. I tried with one. I didn't feel any inclination whatsoever to have sex or pleasure him. I didn't want to to make out. I was happy at the lovely things he did for me. I was super happy that a guy was totally smitten with me for a change!

I didn't care if he texted. I didn't feel excited to hear from him. He was just like any other dude I was mates with. No more, no less.

With my current, I can't wait to hear from him. A text or call from him instantly puts me in a good mood. I am so excited prior to our dates. I am walking on air. Because he's on my mind.

I am often called too fussy for only dating men who make mme high with excitement.

• Like 1
Not quite the same thing...

You wanted a relationship where you were treated well, she wants Dwayne Johnstone.

Seriously, she referred to him as an example!

Actually, there's been a very strong rumor that Dwayne "the rock" johnson has a very small penis. It may "look" big when he's wrestling, but he's wearing a jock strap. Apparently a lot of WWE stars leaked he has a small dick, so he wouldn't be qualified to date that chick you're referring to lol.

I just want instant sparks and chemistry with a kind seeming guy who I love being around.

This makes me smile Leigh, every time. XO

Actually, there's been a very strong rumor that Dwayne "the rock" johnson has a very small penis. It may "look" big when he's wrestling, but he's wearing a jock strap. Apparently a lot of WWE stars leaked he has a small dick, so he wouldn't be qualified to date that chick you're referring to lol.

What on earth are you saying?

Men with small d*cks can't date independent women?

Is that what you are saying here?

She may love small d*cks. :)

• Like 2
She may love small d*cks. :)

She thinks she is perfect, and that she deserves perfect. The women here defend her for not settling for less than that, so how dare I suggest she does not want a small dick lol.

If she "settles" for a small dick, then she ain't perfect! Nothing wrong with The Rock if he's "small", I'm just saying that I doubt that the one area she would compromise on is the penis department! :)

Edited by S_A

Her online dating profile sounds like one of those ads used to market online dating. If it's been the exact same for 2 years, I doubt it's even a real online dating profile.

The only way you can find out if she's a real person is to send her a message and see if she responds. But I thought you planned to stay with your current FB long-term. Has that plan changed?

• Like 1
She thinks she is perfect, and that she deserves perfect. The women here defend her for not settling for less than that, so how dare I suggest she does not want a small dick lol.

If she "settles" for a small dick, then she ain't perfect! Nothing wrong with The Rock if he's "small", I'm just saying that I doubt that the one area she would compromise on is the penis department! :)

What makes you think she thinks she is perfect? She might rate Mr Small Dick a 10 and it's not necessarily settling. This is just your perception. When i see posey abs in 10 diff photos on tinder i tend to pick up on arrogance or lack of modesty, not perfection.

• Like 1
Lernaean_Hydra

I'm curious as to how you gathered this. From what OP quoted/summarized of her profile, nowhere did she state she thinks she's perfect or was looking for perfection in a mate. From what I read, she's an accomplished woman who is not willing to compromise on what she likes and that's perfectly fine.

And to the OP, hungry infants are "fussy". Sleepy toddlers are "fussy". This woman is not. She knows she's a catch and wants a man who she feels is equally a catch.

I never understood why some people put so much energy into criticizing and analyzing the profiles of others on dating sites. If she/he's not shown any interest, move on. No need to figure out what their "problem" is or speculate about their future long term happiness (or lack thereof). It serves no purpose. If you think someone is to picky and thus will never find a mate then so be it, but that's on them and it's really no one else's business or concern.

• Like 2
Her online dating profile sounds like one of those ads used to market online dating. If it's been the exact same for 2 years, I doubt it's even a real online dating profile.

The only way you can find out if she's a real person is to send her a message and see if she responds. But I thought you planned to stay with your current FB long-term. Has that plan changed?

I agree, it's a fake profile - and she is probably not even a real person.

The site created the profile, there have been many articles written about this practice.

Keeps guys hooked in... and if it's a paying site, keeps 'em paying....in the hopes of possibly snagging a woman like her.

Problem is....she's NOT real.

• Like 1

If a person actually has a lot to bring to the table, they have a right to be picky. What irks me are people who do NOT have a right to be picky. (Frumpy old dudes demanding good-looking younger women, etc.)

• Author
I agree, it's a fake profile - and she is probably not even a real person.

The site created the profile, there have been many articles written about this practice.

Keeps guys hooked in... and if it's a paying site, keeps 'em paying....in the hopes of possibly snagging a woman like her.

Problem is....she's NOT real.

She's real, I'm certain of that.

Fake profile aren't so elaborate, have more traditionally "pretty" girls, who look demure and inviting.

This woman looks and sounds intimidating, which is not the goal of a fake profile. She also logs on and checks every few days, which fake profiles don't.

NO, she's real.

• Author

I've never encountered a fake profile on Oasis

Her profile is not the traditional fake profile, she isn't some pretty little thing looking all demure and sexy, this girl looks like she'd bust your nuts.

And finally, Oasis is free, her photos are mostly available publicly, so what advantage does the website gain by faking her...?

Anyone here can create a free Oasis profile, set your location to Melbourne Australia, and search for Asian woman with a "Fit" body-type aged 36 with a photo.

Come back and tell me that's fake...!

Edited by yxalitis
This makes me smile Leigh, every time. XO

And plenty of happy couples felt the spark.

What I want to is a very normal phenomenon. ....