2 dates in, need a pep talk...

tinydancer324

tinydancer324

Over the last month I've had 2 magical dates with a guy I'm already crazy about, both mentally and physically. We both have had to travel a lot for work. The dates were a week apart and then I had to leave for 9 days and he left for 4 days. We did not have sex yet. He got back last night (flew in from halfway around the world) and I know I need to give him a minute to settle in, but I'm nervous because we don't have a 3rd date lined up yet.

We texted and even FaceTimed while I was away, and he texted me from his latest trip and then responded when I asked when he was coming back. And while we brought up potential dates during this time (at one point he said "we should go to a wine tasting" and we talked about a movie we both wanted to re-watch and he said "that would be fun") I'm starting to feel a little weird that he hasn't asked me when I'm free.

I know I'm just being crazy, and he also has a kid so he's REALLY busy. But since I like this person so much...any words of encouragement?

(On the second date we couldn't stop touching and kissing each other, he said spontaneously that he really enjoyed spending time with me, called me beautiful and adorable, etc. But now that was 2 weeks ago!)

it looks all positive at moment give him about a day to settle back in the suggest a day to meet up.

if he is interested (I am sure he is) he will accept your date offer or if busy will arrange for a day he is free..

Yeah sounds like things are going great. Leave it a day or two and then just message him and see if he wants to meet up. As a guy sometimes it's nice for the girl to make the move and arrange something rather then the guy having to all the time! and it sounds like he likes you so go for it :D

TunaInTheBrine
Over the last month I've had 2 magical dates with a guy I'm already crazy about, both mentally and physically. We both have had to travel a lot for work. The dates were a week apart and then I had to leave for 9 days and he left for 4 days. We did not have sex yet. He got back last night (flew in from halfway around the world) and I know I need to give him a minute to settle in, but I'm nervous because we don't have a 3rd date lined up yet.

We texted and even FaceTimed while I was away, and he texted me from his latest trip and then responded when I asked when he was coming back. And while we brought up potential dates during this time (at one point he said "we should go to a wine tasting" and we talked about a movie we both wanted to re-watch and he said "that would be fun") I'm starting to feel a little weird that he hasn't asked me when I'm free.

I know I'm just being crazy, and he also has a kid so he's REALLY busy. But since I like this person so much...any words of encouragement?

(On the second date we couldn't stop touching and kissing each other, he said spontaneously that he really enjoyed spending time with me, called me beautiful and adorable, etc. But now that was 2 weeks ago!)

I feel sad when I think about how transient connections are in contemporary dating - that merely two weeks ago the two of you were in such an embrace, and now it's all aerial and uncertain. But that's not going to answer your question. I have no idea what he's feeling for you right now, but if he's not avoiding you then that's a positive. Try to remember that when you feel doubtful. You could offer the next meeting, but if that feels too needy to you, you can drop a hint somehow and see if he picks it up. In any case, I wouldn't rule out his feelings for you, but I can understand why you worry. Daters are so damn fickle.

• Like 1