why did ex text me but then not respond to my text?

walkingonair

walkingonair

broke up with my ex 2 weeks ago.My ex contacted me last night telling me he misses me and asked how i'm doing.(He was drunk because there were lots of misspelled words in his text messages.We talked I nice to him and we had a casual convo.The convo ended with my text and he still hasn't responded.He never was emotional and always told me he's a robot and doesn't know how to deal with feelings.Hes also terrified of rejection.I don't understand why he texted me if he doesn't wanna talk.was I supposed to say I missed him too?why did he contact me if hes not continuing the convo.I don't wanna text him again because I was the last one who texted and if he wants to talk he can just text back:(

He did not really want to talk....he texted you to find out if you missed him and still think about him.

The fact you responded at all told him you do....which is ALL he wanted to know so there was no point in him responding back after that.

Let it go...it was just his ego needing reassurance you were still into him...

Next time he texts, don't respond....better yet, just block him then you won't ever get his texts....so you won't be tempted to respond.

Sorry....

• Like 1
La.Primavera

I think you already know that, right?

He was drunk, alone, bored and horny. Who does he know who would immediately respond and massage his ego??

Come on, you know the answer!

This wasn't about you, it was about making him feel good. It worked. He feels better about himself now, he doesn't need you any more which is why he hasn't responded to your text.

He will possibly do it again one day when he is drunk. He might even try and get a bj or sex out it but don't think for a second he cares about you in any meaningful way.

He is so gross. Don't play this game. You deserve so much better!

Block his number for your own good go no contact.

• Like 2

He 'pinged' you.

Just making sure that he has a way of contacting you.

If you're truly done with him, block his number.

If not, do whatever you think best.

• Like 3

I think he was trying to get a response to massage his ego, if he ever texts you again seeming to want a response just completely ignore the text and delete it straight away.

• Like 2
caringsister

Drunk and needed an emotional rescue. Don't over think it. It is what it is.

• Like 1