I was snooping

alicia24

I was snooping through my BF cell phone bill online and I noticed that he calls his daughters mom an aweful lot. Sometimes like ten times a day. The calls usually dont last longer than 1 or 2 minutes. How do I ask him about this without him knowing that I was checking his cell phone bill. I know it was wrong of me to check the cell phone bill but I just couldnt help it.

well you shouldn't really snoop but i guess we all do sometimes...

most cell companies charge 1 minute of airtime if you start a call, let it ring once, and then hang up.

minimum charge is 1 minute even if call is 2 seconds long. so he may be tring to call her and she does not answer after a few rings and then he hangs up.

and all calls are rounded up to the next minute. so if you actual call time is 1 minute and 1 second it shows up on the bill as 2 minutes.

i don't see anything wrong with him calling his daughter's mother a lot. they will be tied at the hip for a long, long time cause of the kid.

• 1 year later...
Candied-Heart

I agree w/ alphamale, they are bound together by their daughter, and to an extent they will always be involved in each others lives by supporting that child. It's a messy situation to be involved with a person with such baggage. You have to trust him. -- And don't be snooping! :o

If he was calling a few times a day for extended periods of time I'd be concerned enough to enquire how often he speaks to the Ex, but he does need to contact the child, and I am assuming the child doesn't have a phone of her own to call as yet.. :D