I think I found a good one! But he's leaving ?! Help

simplybrill

I really like this guy at work. He's cute, funny, and interesting. I get the idea he's a shy one, and maybe doesnt really know what to say to girls, but he's totally adoreable!!! He's got to know that he looks good, come on...

He's originally from the midwest, so he's close to his family, and very gentleman-like. Basically he's like my dream guy. :love:

And wouldnt you know it, he's planning to leave the state...literally, to start attending some school for an associates degree in design...when he could stay here and get a four year degree that he could take anywhere...and date me dammit. :o

I wish I could convince him to stay, not only for my own reasons...but because I think his moving out-state so far away from everything he knows, his job, his family is a bad decision, and I just met him - so it may not even be my place???

He's either "just not that into me" or he's mad about me, and distancing himself because he wants to go to that other university!

I really...really...really like him, a lot...and I want him to stay...but I know he's a guy and he'll do whatever he thinks is right until the truth hits him like a brick, unfortunately...

So girls, and guys of Loveshack...what should I do about this?

Are you currently dating now?

I don't see anything wrong with telling him how you feel if you guys are dating. Even if you just started what do you have to lose? You never know what could happen.

As much as you don't want to hear it, if I were you I would not say anything. At least, don't get all crazy about convincing him to stay. If you say something, tell him you will miss him and maybe ask something like won't it be hard to leave your friends? And don't say family is not a good reason to move, he may be closer with family than any of his friends.

I recently had a friend say if she could do anything over it would have been to go away to college like she had wanted to, instead of staying because of a guy. I don't know how far away he is moving, but depending on distance, you could go there, here could come to you. A LDR is possible. I would say to keep it casual, call him when he is gone, and see if things develop.

Good Luck

if you will regret never saying anything....then you may as well say something. you have nothing to lose.

• Author

Well...we work together and the undying embarassment if he really doesnt like me would just about kill me every time I walked in the door to worK...you know how people are, they'll talk about anything just to have something to gossip about.

I dont think an LDR would be an option, he's going somewhere 13 hours away by car, not to mention that totally kills the cuddle factor, being so far away. If we started dating, I dont think I would want to be far from him, ever. :love:

you have nothing to lose.

I have my pride, to lose in the situation...Im a capricorn, we hate being embarassed. :o:laugh:

Originally posted by simplybrill

He's cute, funny, and interesting. I get the idea he's a shy one, and maybe doesnt really know what to say to girls, but he's totally adoreable!!! ...And wouldnt you know it, he's planning to leave the state...literally, to start attending some school for an associates degree in design...

Are you sure you are his "type"? Not trying to stereotype here but it might be that you are not "equipped" to meet his desires.

• Author

Not equipped to meet his desires??? I might be missing the obvious here, but what exactly do you mean by that...please explain :confused:

You're right, it really isn't your place to tell someone you just met how to run his life, or that his educational decisions are bad. However, you can still accomplish your objective by saying something like, "Gosh, it's a shame that you're moving to Alaska (or wherever), because if you were staying, I'd like to get to know you better." Downcast eyelashes and arm fondle are optional.

Don't be surprised, however, if he says, "Yeah, it's a shame" and moves away.

Originally posted by simplybrill

Not equipped to meet his desires??? I might be missing the obvious here, but what exactly do you mean by that...please explain :confused:

Are you sure he is into girls? Like I said, not trying to stereotype, but the parts that I quoted are some signs that he might be homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Author

hahahah, oh goodness I hope the kid's not gay...like you said, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but if he is, then his eyes are straight whenever he looks at me.

He's brought up an ex girlfriend before, so I think that rules out the whole "playing for the other team" idea.

Phew haha, thanks Devildog, I needed that laugh.

And no, its not my place to tell him what to do with his life, since I just met him- it just really is a shame to see those green eyes go so far away.