girl on the back burner!

stephanieplum3

stephanieplum3

About a month ago I realized I was attracted to this guy "Mark." I've known him for a really long time and have been friends with his sister "Marie" for an even longer time.

Thing is, Mark and I have never really been great friends or anything, we've simply known each other through mutual friends and, of course, his sister. I didn't really start getting to know him until about a month ago when all of us (as a group) started hanging out a lot more and going out.

There were a few times when I noticed that Mark seemed attracted to me and potentially interested. This caught my attention, and being the shy girl that I am, I passed the info on to our mutual friends that I was interested in him. He replied that he was also interested in me, and attracted to me, etc. No problem, right?

Well, turns out I've been left completely confused by this situation. I just want an outsider perspective so I can make sure I'm not the one who is crazy.

For the past few weeks I've seen him a few times on the weekends. I even had a party and invited him. He showed up and stayed pretty late. There was even some flirting. All along I'm under the impression that he likes me and something is going to happen. Too bad I couldn't get enough guts to mention it to his face. He didn't say anything to me about it either. It's sort of just unspoken.

So last week I ran into his sister (who originally said something to him and tried to set us up). She said that Mark wasn't sure what to do about me because his Aunt and Uncle set him up with a girl and they went on a date already. According to her, Mark said he didn't want to "date 2 girls at the same time" so basically he wanted to see what would happen with the other girl before calling me.

Like I'm going to wait around!

According to some of our friends, Mark has a low self esteem and doesn't know how to act around girls, especially if they're interested in him. He tends to let things slip away and then regret it later. It's been a month since he's known about me and nothing has happened. At all. He's not even seeing the girl his relatives set him up with.

So what should I do? I'm still kinda interested but really REALLY turned off by the fact that he wanted to put me on the back burner. What really makes me even more confused is the fact that all of my friends tell me I shouldn't be angry about it because there's nothing to be angry about. They say that Mark knew about the other girl before he knew about me and he can't "disappoint his aunt and uncle."

I don't know what to do. I'm thinking I should let it go. Obviously he hasn't mentioned me to anyone, or even called me. So I should move on, right? Which is exactly what I'm in the process of doing!

So, why couldn't he just say he wasn't interested? Is it better for him to simply keep me on the back burner until he feels like calling me? Ugh!

It could be that he didn't say he wasn't interested because he is, and didn't know what he wanted to do. Still, you're right...you should move on. Totally. You're not a doll that can be put up on a shelf somewhere while he plays with a different toy. You don't have to be angry because nothing really happened between the two of you. He made the choice to date this other girl, so wish him the best and find someone else. Good luck!