Photographer vs Videographer = <3

Hesjustnotthatin2u

Hesjustnotthatin2u

Okay so I belong to a couple different photography groups on facebook as I'm a wedding photographer. A couple months ago, another guy on the page caught my eye - he was a videographer and his smile just made me do a double take. I ended up adding him as a friend since that's a normal thing to do for photographers to 'network' with other locals. I was really drawn to his talent and pictures so I decided to message him and ask him if I could 'refer him' to a newly engaged friend. (I really did refer him), and from there, we just kept talking. It went from business talk, to personal, and now a couple weeks later, we have been talking every day. The other night, we talked for hours as he asked me personal questions as if to get to know me.. my favorite wine, if I have any siblings, ect. He's super charming and a little flirty towards me. He admitted that he's a little shy, but I'm starting to wonder why he hasn't asked me out yet. He honestly seems like the most down to earth and genuine guy I've talked to in a long time. We click on so many different subjects and even though we just talk over facebook and text, I can't get him off my mind.

Next month, there is a huge international photography convention in NYC. It's about 3 hours from me so I will be going for the day with a friend. I casually joked that he should go because it's 'good for videographers'. He joked back that he'd have to hang out with someone there then because he didn't want to look like a loner. I played back and told him I'd be there to talk to. He told me he will make sure he goes on the same day as I go.

So this will be our first time meeting. And though we haven't really came out and said, 'hey I like you' type of thing yet, I think it's clear between the both of us that there is this undeniable chemistry (even if it's just online).

I'm super nervous about meeting him and I'm not really sure how to play this out. Do I casually bump into him and say, 'Oh hey you're ___, right?' as if it's no big deal?

Just meet him like you meet anyone else.

Its good to meet people as quickly as possible, because virtual "talking" is never "real", you only know someone, once you've met them in real life.

Good luck. Keep us posted