Insecure issues

liteasair

Before I start, I want to give a brief history of myself. My past relationship was filled with a needy girl, and myself giving into the neediness, which eventually led to me being dropped, which I wrote about in another thread.

I started dating a a couple of women (going out on dates etc.) january til marchish when I met this really cool girl.

The girl I really liked finally asked me to be exclusive. I said yes to this and kept feeling a bit insecure, spending maybe 2 maybe 3 nights max with this girl. Well about a month ago she said she loved me, to which I returned the sentiment.

Well now I'm on month 4 or 5 and am not quite sure how to keep her interested in me. What are some good retention methodologies?

I should mention we probably text a bit much, however I try to keep it to a minimum 4 or 5 texts throughout the day (too much?)

She also doesn't tend take plans very often and the lead is mostly up to me. I really like this chick, and don't want to come off needy or ruin this thing. What can I do?

Sounds like you guys are an item.

Haha watch movies series together and talk about that.

Also, dont be afraid to have your own life and own hobbies.

How are you needy? What insecurities are you talking about?

• Author
Sounds like you guys are an item.

Haha watch movies series together and talk about that.

Also, dont be afraid to have your own life and own hobbies.

How are you needy? What insecurities are you talking about?

Haha I enjoy doing that as well.

Well, I find myself wanting to spend a ton of time with her (which is fine), and I have my own life, but I guess I feel like she doesn't ask me to do something enough, and she never seems to call, only text. I find myself constantly feeling like she is going to leave me (most likely resulting from my past relationships.

Haha I enjoy doing that as well.

Well, I find myself wanting to spend a ton of time with her (which is fine), and I have my own life, but I guess I feel like she doesn't ask me to do something enough, and she never seems to call, only text. I find myself constantly feeling like she is going to leave me (most likely resulting from my past relationships.

Ahhh... Ok I get it now.

How you solve this is an easy one.

You've got to be OK with her leaving you. Youve got to be just fine with it, because she's her own woman, and youre your own man. You cant control her

She shouldnt be with you because of what you have or what you can give her, she should be with you for you.

You should be fair with her but never coddle her, because, you know that she makes her own choices

• Like 1
todreaminblue

just be yourself she told you she loves you so thatis it she loves you so relax......let come what may and be happy you are together while you are..if you feel uncertain talk to her....ask her how are you feeling how was your day is a good start always....too often its forgotten such a simple ask such a simple tell....simple and keep it that way....be affectionate and be you....deb...

• Author
Ahhh... Ok I get it now.

How you solve this is an easy one.

You've got to be OK with her leaving you. Youve got to be just fine with it, because she's her own woman, and youre your own man. You cant control her

She shouldnt be with you because of what you have or what you can give her, she should be with you for you.

You should be fair with her but never coddle her, because, you know that she makes her own choices

Thanks for the metaphorical slap, I needed it! This makes me feel better, and I agree with it 100%.

• Author
just be yourself she told you she loves you so thatis it she loves you so relax......let come what may and be happy you are together while you are..if you feel uncertain talk to her....ask her how are you feeling how was your day is a good start always....too often its forgotten such a simple ask such a simple tell....simple and keep it that way....be affectionate and be you....deb...

Thanks for the advice! Sometimes I do forget the little things (unintentionally of course), most likely because I worry so much.