Wondering what this is all about...

Thanks for everyone's response at my first message. I have kind of a head scratcher situation and wanted to know what you guys thought again. A couple days ago a guy messaged me. He seemed a little sarcastic which I don't necessarily mind in general...but also seemed a bit snobby. Hard to explain, but just acted like his sports teams were better etc. Anyhow we'd been talking for a couple days on the site, he'd send a message I'd send a message etc. nothing too out of the ordinary and pretty casual getting to know each other stuff. Last night around 1am he messaged me in response to a message I'd sent about he should let me know what he got to eat with a friend. (He'd said in a previous message he'd been up in the air about what to get). So anyway, he'd messaged me that they wound up getting sushi. I have been having trouble sleeping lately and saw this message from him around 1:30am. Normally I wouldn't, but I figured since it was a Friday night and I was up, I answered him...just saying I liked sushi and what was his favorite roll. That's all.

To make a long story short, I logged into my profile to check my messages this morning and found out this guy blocked me. He seems like a jerk and I don't want anything to do with him, but I wanted to know from you guys...since I've never been blocked before..is it bad practice to respond to a message on a dating site at night? Did I do something stupid here?

No, you've done nothing wrong. The problem with us humans is we have to have a reason for everything when sometimes, life happens.

• Like 1

No, you did nothing wrong. Maybe he didn't like that you took so long to respond to him. Either way, your life does not revolve around him. I have been trying OLD for a little while now (with little success) and it is full of shady and narcissistic characters. Whatever you do, live your life and don't put any of these people on a pedestal (did that with a girl I talked to for over 2 months- shame on me haha). I actually got blocked by someone the other day, who I was having a friendly conversation with (nothing bad was said). Anyway, best to shrug it off and talk to someone else. Best of luck in the OLD world!

It makes no sense. To my by telling him your favorite roll you opened the door for him to ask you out for sushi. Why he did what he did, is anyone's guy but it wasn't you so don't second guess or change yourself.