First date tonight. So nervous.

DontBreakEven

DontBreakEven

My ex broke my heart back in January. I started dating again in May, when I felt ready. I have been out with 3 women I met online, all of which went awry for one reason or another.

This one I have been talking to for a week. We have our first date tonight and I am supremely nervous. I wasn't nervous with any of the others. Probably cause I feel like this one could be the real deal. She's so kind and gorgeous and seems to be just as into it as I am (which is rare).

I am kinda just putting this out here more because I want to document this moment. In case this date turns into the first night of the rest of my life. :)

(I know, I know. I should have lower expectations. I am just really excited.)

• Like 1

Don't set your expectation too high. Go with the flow and be yourself. Time will tell if she is the one

• Like 1
  • Author
DontBreakEven
Don't set your expectation too high. Go with the flow and be yourself. Time will tell if she is the one

Ha. I put the addendum at the end because I knew this is all people would reply. I actually don't really have expectations, per se. I'm not really sure what to expect. I just have a feeling, from all our texts and hours long phone convos and the fact that I've seen 500 pics/videos of her, that we are going to have a really good time.

• Author
DontBreakEven
You are already putting her on a pedestral :love:

Hell yes I am. She's put me on one too. As she should. I'm awesome! :lmao:

• Like 2

I'm not going there haha I did therapy because of that!

Just have fun and enjoy the time you have with her. From there you'll see where this is heading :bunny:

You need to get out of this mentality or you are heading for failure my friend.

Thinking you are awesome on a forum and being awesome are two very different things, thinking you are awesome will quickly turn you into a nervous wreck if she is very intelligent or on top of her game and testing you. The above is right you need to convert your dating personality to treat every girl with a pinch of salt and like she is nothing until she proves she is as good as she appears on paper.

All she is at the moment is a telephone number and her initial impression. In any case enjoy it and seal the date with a bloody kiss, can already see you coming on here tomorrow asking if you made the wrong decision by hugging her. ;)

Breathe. Downshift. It's good to be excited. It's bad to be overly excited.

Visualize in your head having a nice time. Not the best time ever; not getting married just some solid fun -- a foundation you can build on.

Go back to calming breaths,

Visualize in your head having a nice time. Not the best time ever; not getting married just some solid fun -- a foundation you can build on.

have you met her before the first date?

have you met her before the first date?

SummerDreams

I know it's natural for us people to get nervous with these things, but I'd suggest that you calm down and enjoy this time of first dates, flirting, first emotions etc cause it's a time that won't come back (with this woman at least). Relax and have fun, and things will happen if they are meant to.

• Author
DontBreakEven
how did it go?

It went really well! I'm not as physically attracted to her as I thought I'd be, but we had an amazing time, the date went on for 10 hours, amazing kisser, and she text me today and said, "I miss you. Is that weird?"

So sweet.

For me, I call it a success, and we have plans to go out again. It wasn't necessarily love at first sight, but I have a feeling that there are some things I can get past in the physical realm with enough time spent together. She's super cool and funny. I didn't really want to leave her, but we had 2 hours left before we had to be at work lol.

I am keeping an open mind and an open heart. Here is to something potentially good! :bunny:

• Like 2
It went really well! I'm not as physically attracted to her as I thought I'd be, but we had an amazing time, the date went on for 10 hours, amazing kisser, and she text me today and said, "I miss you. Is that weird?"

So sweet.

For me, I call it a success, and we have plans to go out again. It wasn't necessarily love at first sight, but I have a feeling that there are some things I can get past in the physical realm with enough time spent together. She's super cool and funny. I didn't really want to leave her, but we had 2 hours left before we had to be at work lol.

I am keeping an open mind and an open heart. Here is to something potentially good! :bunny:

What bothers you about her physically?

A 10 hr first date, wow. I am happy for you. I also had my heart broken in January and have dated a few guys since but no luck.

Oh, and do you have any tips on how you managed the nerves?

• Author
DontBreakEven
What bothers you about her physically?

Well, I typically go for very fit women. She is slightly overweight. Not huge, just a bit of a belly and whatnot. Also, she has bad bottom teeth. Very nitpicky things that I don't plan to let stand in my way, as she is just so kind and caring and attentive. And has some very striking features as well.

• Author
DontBreakEven
A 10 hr first date, wow. I am happy for you. I also had my heart broken in January and have dated a few guys since but no luck.

Oh, and do you have any tips on how you managed the nerves?

Smiley ... I dated a few as well and have had awful luck. I liked them all too. They all gave me some sort of brush-off line eventually. It hurt but I just kept bouncing back. I definitely dealt with the nerves with a few glasses of wine. :rolleyes: