Most Recent Encounter

wesmel06

Hey guys and girls! Just looking for some opinions on a woman I have been messaging back and forth with. I'm not sure if I am wasting my time or if she is genuinely interested in me. We keep the conversations light and funny most of the time. Nothing really that serious.

For example we would talk about how the movie Dumb And Dumber To is going to be hilarious. That and some teasing back and forth. Then recently I got a little more serious with it. Here is part of our last conversation...

Me: You've got pretty eyes. The kind of eyes a guy could look into forever you know that? I know you can smile bigger than that though.

Her: I'll work on the smile.

Me: Your smile was fine. I'm just picking on you like usual.

Her: I know you are. Always teasing (with a blushing smiley).

Me: I bet your smile would be a lot bigger if you got to see me more often. Just my opinion. What do you think?

Her: There's nothing wrong with my smile (with a smiley face beside it).

Me: Well if you ever want to hang out get back to me. You've got options. Really cute options.

Her: Thanks (with the winking face behind it).

Now at first I thought she wasn't interested but then she throws in the flirty winking face at the end of her last message. You guys think she is playing with me? Maybe she's thinking about it? I'm really not sure. Is she worth chasing after a little more or should I move on?

Edit: For those of you familiar with me this is not the same woman from work that my other thread was about. That ship has sailed lol.

Edited by wesmel06
PegNosePete

What do you mean, messaging? On a dating site? Women you've already had a date with?

• Author

It's a woman I met through a mutual friend so we've seen one another a couple of times. No official dates yet though. I'm trying to get her to agree to join me out sometime. Just not sure if she is into it or not by her messages. We text and do Facebook messages sometimes too.

She seems to enjoy talking with me but based on the last conversation we had she left me a little curious. It seems like she gave me a no when she said that her smile was just fine. Then she winks at me later though?

Not sure if I'm a backup, if she's thinking about it, or what though you know? I'm not sure if she is seeing someone. Never mentioned anybody.

Versacehottie

Think the banter is cute and she was definitely flirting. May have just been a slight miscommunication of texting or messaging that your subtle offer to go out was not picked up. I think she was still on the smile part and wanted to portray some confidence whereas you had been planting a seed for asking her out. The thing that went wrong is that by being vague and subtle if she would have taken the bait, she would, in effect, had to have asked you out. She seems like a cool chick from her banter and enough of a prize that I don't see that happening. So just be more direct. And ask her to do something specifically. Good luck.

• Author
Think the banter is cute and she was definitely flirting. May have just been a slight miscommunication of texting or messaging that your subtle offer to go out was not picked up. I think she was still on the smile part and wanted to portray some confidence whereas you had been planting a seed for asking her out. The thing that went wrong is that by being vague and subtle if she would have taken the bait, she would, in effect, had to have asked you out. She seems like a cool chick from her banter and enough of a prize that I don't see that happening. So just be more direct. And ask her to do something specifically. Good luck.

Ok. So you think her telling me her smile was fine was just her being playful then? Hard for me to tell over message. Maybe I did take it the wrong way. Guess I'll have to find out.

deathandtaxes

You communication is waaaaay too passive.

Instead of "Well if you ever want to hang out get back to me. You've got options. Really cute options. " if should be more like "I want to see you. Are you free Saturday night? Would you like to go out for drinks?"

• Like 1
Versacehottie
Ok. So you think her telling me her smile was fine was just her being playful then? Hard for me to tell over message. Maybe I did take it the wrong way. Guess I'll have to find out.

I lean toward the fact that she was being playful and feisty and she still had to "correct" that lil playful insult you did about smiling before she "heard" that it was just a way to for you to indicate you'd like to go out. Like stick up for herself. It could be a combination that she was a little annoyed and intrigued.

That's the problem with texting/messaging; you are only dealing with one part of the communication and stuff can get lost in translation. Also if you had been right there in person or at least on phone the back and forth wouldn't have dropped off, which probably happened mainly because there was a bit of confusion on both ends. "oh wait was he trying to insult me", "oh wait did she just reject my invite". It's too late now and texting does serve it's good purposes. My view is that as the guy, it's up to you to use your guts and just go for it if you want to ask out and you have done as much legwork as you already have--like if you are comfortable enough with banter like you guys were doing then just take the leap and ask, shows most confidence plus you like her so better to know/find out. Obviously that doesn't always apply in every situation but if you have enough familiarity it's good.

My other tip would be to be careful not to insult the girl. I think that's what you're worried about right? You could have said similar thing about smiles but make it more generic or positive spin, ie talk about things you'd like to do in order to see her beautiful smile--it's a compliment and an offer...or that her smile is so beautiful you'd love to see more of it by taking her to do something fun. Both are more positive than what could be viewed as a put down by saying "you'd be more pretty if...". I get what you mean but I'm a neutral party. If it was directed at me, I'd probably be sensitive as she may have been. It's just better to stay away from things that can seem like insults.

Good luck.

Youre laying it on a little thick.

She's playing kinda coy.

But what you want to do, is not spend so much time texting, and try to meet in person

Hey guys and girls! Just looking for some opinions on a woman I have been messaging back and forth with. I'm not sure if I am wasting my time or if she is genuinely interested in me. We keep the conversations light and funny most of the time. Nothing really that serious.

For example we would talk about how the movie Dumb And Dumber To is going to be hilarious. That and some teasing back and forth. Then recently I got a little more serious with it. Here is part of our last conversation...

Me: You've got pretty eyes. The kind of eyes a guy could look into forever you know that? I know you can smile bigger than that though.

Her: I'll work on the smile.

Me: Your smile was fine. I'm just picking on you like usual.

Her: I know you are. Always teasing (with a blushing smiley).

Me: I bet your smile would be a lot bigger if you got to see me more often. Just my opinion. What do you think?

Her: There's nothing wrong with my smile (with a smiley face beside it).

Me: Well if you ever want to hang out get back to me. You've got options. Really cute options.

Her: Thanks (with the winking face behind it).

Now at first I thought she wasn't interested but then she throws in the flirty winking face at the end of her last message. You guys think she is playing with me? Maybe she's thinking about it? I'm really not sure. Is she worth chasing after a little more or should I move on?

Edit: For those of you familiar with me this is not the same woman from work that my other thread was about. That ship has sailed lol.

I find the whole thing a bit creepy.. the "you can smile bigger than that".. like if you were talking about a BJ... sorry, that's what came to my mind.

I'd leave it alone.